Posted on September 14, 2017 at 12:00 p.m.
Countywide Water Distribution Centers and Boil Water Notices
Hurricane Irma Advisory #25
County-Wide Water Distribution:
Today, September 14, 2017, water will be distributed at six sites throughout Broward County. The hours of operation are subject to change depending on the supply of water and the needs of the local community. The distribution is limited to one (1) case of water per vehicle. The locations and hours of operation are:
|CB Smith Regional Park|
900 N. Flamingo Road
Pembroke Pines, 33028
8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
|Patrick Meli Park|
2901 S.W. 52nd Street
Dania Beach, 33312
10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
|Howard C. Forman Human Services Campus|
851 Poinciana Drive
Pembroke Pines, 33025
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
|Central Broward Regional Park & Stadium|
3700 NW 11th Place
8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
3501 S.W. 56th Avenue
West Park, 33023
9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
|Quiet Waters Park|
401 S Powerline Rd.,
Deerfield Beach, 33442
8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
For more information on the water distribution, please contact Broward County at 311 OR 954-831-4000.
Boil Water Alert for Hollywood Residents Lifted
The boil water order for the City of Hollywood has been lifted. This notice only impacts those residents who receive their bill from the City of Hollywood.
Boil Water Notice Still In Effect For Davie and Broward County
The Town of Davie residents are serviced by 6 utility service areas: Davie, Sunrise, Hollywood, Ft. Lauderdale, Ferncrest, and Broward County. A boil water notice is only in effect for Davie Utilities Service Areas and for residents who receive a water bill from Broward County. The boil water information is as follows:
- Davie Utilities customers remain under a precautionary boil water order. This boil water notice impacts residents who receive their utility bill from the Town of Davie.
- Davie residents receiving water service from Broward County remain under a mandatory boil water order. This boil water notice impacts residents who receive their utility bill from Broward County.
- If you receive your water bill from one of the following locations below, the notice does not apply to you:
- City of Sunrise
- City of Fort Lauderdale
- City of Hollywood
- We advise that all water used for drinking, cooking, making ice, brushing teeth, or washing dishes be boiled. A rolling boil of one minute is sufficient.
- If you are unable to boil your water, tap water can be disinfected by adding 8 drops of unscented household bleach (4 – 6 % active ingredients) to each gallon of water, then mixing the water and allowing it to stand for a minimum period of 30 minutes. Note: Cloudy water requires 16 drops of bleach and a 30 minute contact time. For more information, please visit broward.org.
- You may use the water for bathing, laundry, and irrigation. All fixtures should run for several minutes to clear the lines in your home. You are safe showering under a boil water order, but should keep water out of the eyes and mouth.
- Bottled water is also an alternative.
- This precautionary boil water notice will remain in effect until the bacteriological survey shows that the water is safe to drink.
- The Town will communicate the cancellation (rescission) of the advisory.
- For questions and information regarding the boil water notice, please contact the Utilities Department at 954-327-3742 during normal business hours or 954-327-3765 after hours.
The Davie Utilities is asking residents to continue to conserve water.
JetBlue Provides Meals Today at the BB&T Center:
Today, Thursday, September 14, JetBlue will provide hot meals from 20 food trucks at the BB&T Center located at 2555 NW 136th Ave, Sunrise, FL 33323. Lunch will be available on Wednesday from 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. and dinner from 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. All are welcome.
Town of Davie Services:
- All Town of Davie governmental have resumed regular schedule.
- The Pine Island Fitness Center will open for normal operations on Friday, September 15, 2017.
- The Pine Island Pool will open for normal operations on Monday, September 18, 2017.
- The Pine Island Multipurpose Center is open for operations except for:
- CBBA Basketball will resume Saturday, September 16, 2017
- Jazzercise will resume Saturday, September 16, 2017
- Zumba will resume Monday, September 18, 2017
- Senior Luncheon and BINGO will resume Friday, September 22, 2017
- All Town of Davie organized sports activities will resume on Monday, September 18, 2017.
- Trash service resumed on Tuesday, September 12, 2017. Please note delays may occur due to debris, amount of garbage and state of roadways i.e. intersections without signals.
- Recycling will resume Monday, September 18, 2017.
Broward College, Florida Atlantic University, Nova Southeastern University, and McFatter Technical College will resume classes and normal operations on Monday, September 18, 2017 for all campuses.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has added Broward County to the list of counties eligible for individual assistance. Homeowners with damage that is documented can apply for funding from FEMA.
For information on eligibility criteria and the types of assistance available, visit disasterassistance.gov or by calling 1-800-621-3362.
Approximately 71% of traffic signals are operational. Treat improperly functioning traffic lights as four way stops and be mindful of the right of way.
Town of Davie FPL update for September 14, 2017 - 10:00 AM. FPL has restored power to 35,440 Davie customers. 11,160 Davie customers remain without power.
FPL crews are working to restore power as safely and as quickly as possible. They estimate restoring power to essentially all of our customers in Broward County by the end of this coming weekend (September 16-17). For FPL outage and restoration information call 1-800-4-OUTAGE (1-800-468-8243). Residents can also call this number to report downed power lines.
The Town will continue to post updates on our website at www.davie-fl.gov and on social media at Facebook at Town of Davie, FL, follow us on Twitter @TownofDavie, or Instagram at townofdavie