Posted on September 10, 2017 at 1:45 p.m.
Mandatory Curfew For Broward County Residents Extended and Reported Damages In Davie
Para Español: https://www.davie-fl.gov/DocumentCenter/View/3747
Hurricane Irma Advisory #15
Over the next 24 to 36 hours, South Florida will continue to experience catastrophic storm surges, extensive wind damages, major impacts from flooding rain, tornadoes, storm surge flooding, dangerous surf and life-threatening rip currents. We urge everyone to stay indoors as dangerous conditions will persist. Broward County is expected to receive 8-16 inches of rain during the duration of the storm.
- S.W. 27th Street, at Hiatus Road
- East and West bound 7800 Stirling Road
- S.W. 39th St. at College Ave.
- Stirling Road, West of Hancock Road
Traffic Lights Out:
Davie Utilities Impacts:
- Town of Davie staff has received notification about failures at several lift stations and wastewater stations. Free standing water in these areas may be contaminated; Proceed with caution.
- Staff has received a high level alarm for Lift Station 11A and 11B located at 3951 N. 76th Avenue (Hollywood and Davie residents within Davie Utilities Service Area).
- Staff has received a FPL power failure notification for Wastewater Pump Station #44, 4801 S.W. 30th Street, Davie (595 Truck Stop).
- Staff has received a FPL power and generator failure notification for Lift Station #19 located at 3335 College Avenue, Davie (Nova Southeastern University).
- Around 11:45 p.m. on Saturday, Wastewater Pump Station #24, located at 4701 S.W. 62nd Ave. in Davie, lost FPL power and is not pumping. It is anticipated that the pump station will overflow impacting residences within the surrounding communities of Emerald Isles and Jasmine Lakes Developments.
- Utilities staff has received a FPL power failure notification for Lift Station #48 located at 3773 Churchhill Downs Drive (Long Lake Ranches).
- Utilities staff has received an FPL power failure for Wastewater Lift Station #60 located at 7654 Griffin Road (Saddlebridge).
- Utilities staff has received an FPL power failure for Wastewater Lift Station #57 located at 8910 Parkside Estates Drive (Parkside Estates).
- Town of Davie Utilities staff will respond to all the notifications as soon as it is safe to do so.
Town of Davie Closures/Cancellations:
- All Town of Davie governmental offices will remain closed on Monday, September 11, 2017.
- All Town of Davie organized sports activities will remain cancelled until further notice.
- All Town of Davie parks will remain closed until further notice.
- The Town of Davie Green and Blue Bus Routes will continue to suspend services until further notice.
- All recycling and trash service will remain cancelled until further notice.
Call 866-9-NO-SCAM to report price gouging related to Hurricane Irma. Visit the Attorney General’s website for more information on price gouging.
Residents should continue to monitor media outlets for up-to-the-minute information and public safety advisories. The Town will be posting updates on social media, Facebook at Town of Davie, FL, follow us on Twitter @TownofDavie, Instagram at townofdavie, visit www.davie-fl.gov or residents are encouraged to monitor the Town of Davie’s recorded Hurricane Hotline at 954-797-1122.