FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
FEBRUARY 9, 2021
SEWER IMPROVEMENT EAST OF UNIVERSITY DRIVE PROJECT DATE EXTENDED THROUGH APRIL 30, 2021
DAVIE, Fla. - Town of Davie Utilities Department has extended the completion date for the sewer collection system improvement project east of University Drive between the Nova Southeastern University (NSU) Campus and Orange Drive (see map below). The project’s anticipated completion date is April 30, 2021.
Affected areas include:
- Corner of University Drive and Orange Drive, continuing North to SW 39th Street
- East along SW 39th Street to SW 72nd Avenue
- North along SW 72nd Avenue to NSU Campus
The work will be performed by Lanzo Lining Services, Inc. and will include sanitary sewer pipes lining using a trenchless Cured-in-Place Pipe (CIPP) method. This method requires minimal or no digging and access to sewer pipes is via existing manholes. The crew will insert a flexible liner inside the old pipe to create a new, watertight, smooth-surfaced, long-lasting pipe within the existing, old pipe. This method will restore the old pipes to a near-new condition without prolonged, expensive, and disruptive excavation.
What You Can Expect During this Project:
- Traffic Disruptions - Construction crews will perform most of the sewer lining work through manholes in the streets. Spot repairs may require excavation prior to the lining process.
- Outdoor Noise - Utilities vactor trucks will be outside in the area operating vacuum and bypass pumps, necessary to clean and maintain sewer services.
- Odor - Customers may notice an odor that should dissipate quickly. To help reduce odor, run water in all sinks and drains to make sure p-traps are filled. You can cover floor drains with a wet towel or a zip bag filled with water.
- In-pipe Noise - Customers may hear a humming noise coming from pipes, during the pipe lining process. Covering drains can help reduce “in-pipe” noises.
Typical work hours are Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (excluding holidays). If you have any additional questions regarding this project, please call 954-327-3742, 954-327-3750 (after hours), or visit the Town of Davie website at www.davie-fl.gov/925/Wastewater-Collections.
Leona Henry, Intergovernmental Affairs Manager
Sussette Rodriguez, Public Relations Coordinator
Ariana Briceno, Public Relations Assistant
If you do not wish to receive Town of Davie news releases please email firstname.lastname@example.org and request that your email address be removed from this list.