FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
JANUARY 8, 2021
COVID-19 UPDATE #81
TOWN OF DAVIE TO REOPEN ALL PLAYGROUNDS AND PARK RESTROOMS
DAVIE, Fla. – The Town of Davie will reopen all Town playgrounds and park restrooms beginning Friday, January 8, 2021.
- Each playground and restroom will be sanitized once per day with an electrostatic sprayer.
- Park restrooms will be cleaned once per day and monitored periodically.
- Sanitation scheduling may result in temporary closures of the facilities while the electrostatic spraying is in progress.
Visitors should be prepared to comply with all CDC guidelines and social distancing measures. Per Broward County COVID-19 Comprehensive Emergency Order (CEO), visitors are required to wear face coverings, maintain at least six-feet distance from individuals outside of their party, can participate in limited active and passive uses by individuals and families, cannot gather in groups larger than ten and follow current Center for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines.
Park staff, Park Rangers, and Police personnel will conduct periodic checks to ensure compliance with CDC guidelines. Being able to reopen facilities and start programs even while the pandemic continues will require the public’s assistance to maintain the cleanliness and sanitation of facilities, wear facial coverings as required, and socially distance. Any violations may result in the closure of the playground. Please note:
- Betty Booth Roberts Park is closed through Spring 2021 for park upgrades and enhancements.
- Shenandoah playground is closed for repairs and will reopen upon completion.
For more information, please contact the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department at 954-797-1146.
Davie Park amenities open for use:
- Tennis courts are open for singles and doubles play.
- Pickleball courts are open for singles and doubles play.
- Volleyball courts will reopen on Monday, January 11, 2021, for groups of 10 or less.
- Youth athletic leagues are able to operate by Town permit only. All leagues must adhere to the County’s COVID-19 Comprehensive Emergency Order (CEO) and guidelines provided by the leagues sanctioning authority.
- Skate Park will be open with a reduced capacity of 10 participants at a time.
While parks and trails are open, the following amenities and activities are prohibited:
- Social gatherings in groups of more than 10 people
- Grills and grilling
- Indoor Gymnasiums
- Splash pad
Leona Henry, Intergovernmental Affairs Manager
Sussette Rodriguez, Public Relations Coordinator