FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
DECEMBER 8, 2020
COVID-19 UPDATE #75
TOWN OF DAVIE TO REOPEN SEVERAL PLAYGROUNDS; OTHER PARK UPDATES
DAVIE, Fla. – The Town of Davie will begin reopening a limited number of playgrounds on Wednesday, December 9, 2020, from 9 a.m. to sunset. The following playgrounds will open during Phase 1:
- Wes Griffin Park - 2300 SW 71st Terrace
- Betty Booth Roberts Park - 4200 SW 61st Avenue
- East Davie Nature Park - 5350 SW 58th Avenue
- Bergeron Park - 1900 S Nob Hill Road
- Driftwood Park - 3300 NW 77th Avenue
- Pine Island Park/Bamford Sports Complex - 3801 S Pine Island Road
- Liberty Park- 13500 SW 8th Street
- Oakhill Equestrian Park - 3100 SW 130th Avenue
- Robbins Park - 4005 S Hiatus Road
- Falcons Lea Park - 14900 Stirling Road
Visitors should be prepared to comply with all CDC guidelines and social distancing measures. Per Broward County Emergency Order 20-27, visitors are required to wear face coverings, maintain at least a six-feet distance from individuals outside of their party, can participate in limited active and passive uses by individuals and families, cannot gather in groups larger than ten and follow current Center for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines.
Parks staff, Park Rangers, and Police personnel will conduct periodic checks to ensure compliance with CDC guidelines. A daily sanitization of each of the open playgrounds will be conducted prior to opening at 9 a.m. Any violations may result in the closure of the playground. Please note that park restrooms will not be open.
Please remember to stay home if you are sick, practice social distancing, avoid crowded areas, wash or sanitize your hands frequently, and use facial coverings. Community cooperation is critical for the Town to enter this phased opening.
The Bamford Sports Complex/Pine Island Park tennis court and pickleball court resurfacing project is complete. Courts will reopen on Tuesday, December 8, 2020, for drop-in play.
Davie Park amenities open for use:
- Tennis courts are open for singles and doubles play only.
- Pickleball courts are open for singles and doubles play only.
- Volleyball courts are open for singles and doubles play only.
- Youth athletic leagues are able to operate by Town permit only. All leagues must adhere to Emergency Order 20-15 and guidelines provided by the leagues sanctioning authority.
- Skate Park will be open with a reduced capacity of 10 participants at a time.
While parks and trails are open, the following amenities and activities are prohibited:
- Social gatherings in groups of more than 10 people
- Grills and grilling
- Indoor Gymnasiums
- Outdoor fitness equipment areas
- Pavilions and shelters
- Splash pad
Davie Aquatic and Fitness Center
Davie Aquatic and Fitness Center will be open for limited access to up to 50% capacity to members only. The hours of operations will be:
Pine Island Fitness Center
Open for members and residents. The daily drop-in rate will apply to all non-members.
- Monday - Friday: 5 a.m. – 11 a.m. and 12 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Saturday: 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed
Pine Island Aquatics Center
- Monday – Friday: 5 a.m. – 7 p.m. (reservation only)
- Saturday: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. (reservation only)
- Sunday: Closed
The swimming pool is open for lap swimming and swim team practice only. Lane reservations must be made in advance. Members and residents are given priority.
To ensure lane availability, reservations should be made within the specified timeframes below
- Members five days in advance
- Residents three days in advance
- Non-residents one day in advance
- To make reservations, please call 954-327-3926.
- Members should be prepared to comply with all CDC guidelines and social distancing measures to be allowed entry. Measures will include temperature checks, facial coverings where appropriate and sanitizing protocols.
For more information, please contact the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department at 954-797-1146.
Leona Henry, Intergovernmental Affairs Manager
Sussette Rodriguez, Public Relations Coordinator