FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NOVEMBER 2, 2020
Public Notice on Sewer Improvements Project Along Southwest 41st Drive, Southwest 41st Court, and 68th Avenue
DAVIE, Fla. - Town of Davie Utilities Department will be conducting a sewer improvement project located along Southwest 41st Drive, Southwest 41st Court, and 68th Avenue (see map).
When: November 2, 2020 – December 18, 2020 (Excluding Holidays)
Area Affected (see map):
- Corner of Southwest 41st Drive & Southwest 67th Avenue (continuing West along Southwest 41st Drive until canal)
- Southwest 41st Court (East – West)
- Southwest 68th Avenue (to Orange Drive)
What to Expect During the Project:
- Traffic Disruptions. Partial line/driveway closure at the intersection of Southwest 41st Drive & Southwest 67th Avenue in other areas work will be completed via manholes with zero or minimum traffic disruption.
- Outdoor Noise. Utilities Vactor trucks will be outside in the area operating vacuum and bypass pumps, necessary to clean and maintain sewer services.
- Odor. Customers may notice an odor that should dissipate quickly. To help reduce odor, run water in all sinks and drains to make sure p-traps are filled. You can cover floor drains with a wet towel or a zip-bag filled with water.
- “In-pipe” Noise. Customers may hear a humming noise coming from pipes, during the pipe lining process. Covering drains can help reduce “in-pipe” noises.
- Limit Your Water Use. Customers are asked to make limited use of toilets, showers, and refrain from running washer machines.
Typical work hours are Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Excluding Holidays). If you have any additional questions regarding this project please contact us directly at 954-327-3742 or visit our website: www.davie-fl.gov/925/Wastewater-Collections