FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
OCTOBER 26, 2020
PUBLIC NOTICE ON SEWER IMPROVEMENTS PROJECT NEAR MARLBORO AND VUE ON 67 APARTMENTS
Town of Davie Utilities continues sanitary sewer collection system improvements in the neighborhood located near Marlboro & Vue on 67 Apartments (see map). The project will commence on October 27, 2020.
The work will be performed by Lanzo Lining Services, Inc. and will include:
- Sanitary sewer pipes repair, which may require one traffic lane closure at the intersection of SW 41st Drive and SW 67th Avenue.
- Sanitary sewer lining using a trenchless Cured-in-Place Pipe (CIPP) method, which required minimum digging and access to sewer pipes is via existing manholes. The crew will insert a flexible liner inside the old pipe to create a new, watertight, smooth-surfaced, long-lasting pipe within the existing, old pipe. This method will restore our old pipes to a near-new condition without prolonged, expensive, and disruptive excavation.
You Can Expect During a Project:
- Traffic Disruptions. The construction crew will need to excavate and keep one lane open at the intersection of SW 41st Drive and SW 67th Avenue. Most of the sewer lining work along SW 41st Drive going West will be completed through manholes.
- Outdoor Noise. Utilities Vactor trucks will be outside in the area operating vacuum and bypass pumps, necessary to clean and maintain sewer services.
- Odor. Customers may notice an odor that should dissipate quickly. To help reduce odor, run water in all sinks and drains to make sure p-traps are filled. You can cover floor drains with a wet towel or a zip-bag filled with water.
- “In-pipe” Noise. Customers may hear a humming noise coming from pipes, during the pipe lining process. Covering drains can help reduce “in-pipe” noises.
- Limit Your Water Use. Customers are asked to make limited use of toilets, showers, and refrain from running washer machines.
Typical work hours are Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Excluding Holidays).
Occasionally, work may need to be continued overnight and Customers will be notified via door hangers. There may be inactivity between some phases of the work schedule.
If you have any additional questions regarding this project, please contact the Utilities Department directly at 954-327-3742; after-hours 954-327-3750 or visit our website: www.davie-fl.gov/925/Wastewater-Collections
Leona Henry, Intergovernmental Affairs Manager
Sussette Rodriguez, Public Relations Coordinator
If you do not wish to receive Town of Davie news releases please email email@example.com and request that your email address be removed from this list.