FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
JUNE 11, 2020
COVID-19 UPDATE #42
PINE ISLAND PARK/BAMFORD SPORTS COMPLEX, SPORTS COURTS, AND ORGANIZED YOUTH SPORTS LEAGUES TO REOPEN MONDAY, JUNE 15, 2020
DAVIE, Fla. – The Town of Davie is continuing the reopening of its parks and recreation facilities and programs. Starting Monday, June 15, 2020, Pine Island Park/Bamford Sports Complex, 3801 S Pine Island Road, will reopen for Town permitted organized youth sports leagues.
Please note, tennis, pickleball, racquetball, basketball, and volleyball courts at Town parks will be open with restrictions as outlined below. The tennis courts at Pine Island Park/Bamford Sports Complex will remain closed due to court resurfacing.
Park amenities and courts opening on Monday, June 15, 2020, include:
- Tennis courts are open for singles and doubles play only. Tennis courts at Pine Island Park/Bamford Sports Complex are closed for resurfacing.
- Pickleball courts are open for singles and doubles play only.
- Volleyball courts are open for singles and doubles play only.
- Basketball courts are open for individual use and limited to three people per half court. No pick-up games are permitted.
- Youth athletic leagues are able to operate by Town permit only. All leagues must adhere to Emergency Order 20-15 and guidelines provided by the leagues sanctioning authority.
- Skate Park will be open with a reduced capacity of 10 participants at a time.
Restrooms in Bamford Sports Complex will be open during permitted activities only. All other park restrooms will remain closed.
The hours of operations for Parks and Recreation facilities and parks are:
All Town of Davie parks and open spaces will be open for passive use with the exception of Peaceful Ridge Dog Park due to construction.
Parks and open spaces will be open starting at 9 a.m. and closing at 7 p.m. daily.
Pine Island Park/Bamford Sports Complex will be open starting at 9 a.m. and closing at 9 p.m. Monday – Friday and will be open starting at 9 a.m. and closing at 7 p.m. on Saturday and will be closed on Sunday.
Park restrooms will not be open. Operational changes still in effect at parks include the suspension of facility rentals, transactions at parks, youth and adult programs, and activities at community centers.
Pine Island Fitness Center
Open for members and residents. The daily drop-in rate will apply to all non-members.
- Monday – Friday: 5 a.m. – 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Saturday: 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed
Pine Island Aquatics Center
- Monday – Friday: 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. (reservation only)
- Saturday: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. (reservation only)
- Sunday: Closed
The swimming pool will be open for lap swimming and swim team practice only. Lane reservations must be made in advance. Members and residents will be given priority.
To ensure lane availability, reservations should be made within the specified timeframes below:
- Members five days in advance
- Residents three days in advance
- Non-residents one day in advance
To make reservations, please call 954-327-3926.
Members and Town residents should be prepared to comply with all Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines and social distancing measures to be allowed entry. Measures will include temperature checks, facial coverings where appropriate and sanitizing protocols.
Per Broward County Emergency Order 20-08, visitors are required to wear face coverings, maintain at least a six-feet distance from individuals outside of their party, can participate in limited active and passive uses by individuals and families, cannot gather in groups larger than ten and follow current Center for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines.
While parks and trails are open, the following amenities and activities are prohibited:
- All organized recreation programs and events are suspended
- Social gatherings in groups of more than 10 people is not allowed
- Dog parks
- Grills and grilling
- Indoor Gymnasiums
- Outdoor fitness equipment areas
- Playgrounds and play areas
- Pavilions and shelters
- Splash pad
Residents should continue to adhere to the restrictions and other guidance for safety and social distancing issued by local and state health officials, before traveling to a Town park or open space. Residents are encouraged to bring all necessary provisions, such as hand sanitizer and face coverings with them and properly dispose of all personal protective equipment while visiting Town parks or open spaces.
The Town reserves the right to open and close parks, open spaces, and amenities as needed without having to issue a new Emergency Order.
For more information, please contact the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department at 954-797-1146.
For the latest updates regarding COVID-19, visit FloridaHealth.gov, email [email protected] or call the COVID Call Center at 954-357-9500.
To update or register for Town-related updates and emergency notifications utilizing the following mediums:
Leona Henry, Intergovernmental Affairs Manager
Sussette Rodriguez, Public Relations Coordinator
If you do not wish to receive Town of Davie news releases please email [email protected] and request that your email address be removed from this list.