Posted on September 5, 2017 at 4:55 p.m.
Residents Encouraged To Finalize Hurricane Preparedness Plans For Hurricane Irma
Hurricane Irma Advisory #2
At this time, residents should be focused on finalizing their plans and completing their preparations. Residents are reminded not to focus on the exact forecast track since strong winds and heavy rainfall extend well away from the center.
- If you live in an evacuation zone, make sure you have an evacuation plan. Staying with family or friends outside the evacuation zone is the best choice since shelters only provide for basic needs. Broward County is working with counties to the north and south to coordinate evacuations, as necessary.
- Stock up on emergency supplies, including fuel and food supplies.
- Check supplies of important medications.
- Plan for any special needs members of your family, including children, elderly and pets.
- Please do not trim trees or vegetation at this time. Items left curbside as the storm approaches can become harmful projectiles in high winds.
Solid Waste Information:
- As we anticipate impacts from Hurricane Irma, regularly scheduled garbage service on Saturday, September 9, 2017 is cancelled. Your cooperation is appreciated in securing your containers.
- For Town residents on the Green Bulk Waste Schedule (September 4-9), bulk pickup is cancelled for Friday, September 8, 2017 and Saturday, September 9, 2017. If you have bulk items outside, please secure them inside until the storm has passed.
- The Town of Davie Household Hazardous Waste (HHW), Electronics and Textile Recycling and Drug Collection Event originally scheduled for Sunday, September 10, 2017 has been postponed. The event is rescheduled for Sunday, October 1, 2017, at Pine Island Park, 3801 S. Pine Island Rd from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. For more information, please contact Sun Bergeron at 954-680-6100.
- The Waste Management bulk drop off facility located at 2380 College Avenue, will be closed this Saturday, September 9, 2017. The facility will resume its normal operations for residential drop off next Saturday, September 16, 2017.
Town of Davie Horse Release Program:
If you have not done so already, residents are encouraged to register your horses now for the Town of Davie’s Horse Release program. Once a hurricane warning has been issued, a site located for horses owned by Davie residents or for horses that live in Davie will open. This site will reopen to retrieve your horses when the winds have subsided to a minimum of 40 mph, or when it is deemed safe by emergency personnel. For more information, please call 954-797-1181.
- The Davie Pro Rodeo that was originally scheduled for Saturday, September 9, 2017 has been rescheduled to Saturday, September 23 at 7:30pm. Gate opens at 6:00pm. Tickets purchased for the original date of Saturday, September 9, 2017 will be honored at the gate.