FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MAY 9, 2020
COVID-19 UPDATE# 33
EMERGENCY ORDER 20-04 ISSUED; SELECT TOWN OF DAVIE PARKS TO OPEN ON SUNDAY, MAY 10, 2020 FOR LIMITED USE; RESIDENTIAL POOLS CAN REOPEN
DAVIE, Fla. – The Town of Davie has issued Emergency Order 20-04 outlining the Town’s intention to follow Broward County Emergency Orders regarding the reopening of businesses and facilities. As a result, the Town intends to reopen select Davie parks on Sunday, May 10, 2020. In addition, pools in single-family, multi-family, and condo residential communities can reopen their pools starting Sunday, May 10, 2020.
The Town of Davie will open fifteen parks starting at 9 a.m. and closing at 7 p.m. daily. Park restrooms will not be open. Operational changes still in effect at parks include the suspension of facility rentals, transactions at parks, youth and adult activities, sports programs, fitness and aquatic, and activities at community centers.
Broward County’s new restrictions for the park openings include requiring visitors to wear face coverings, maintaining at least a six-feet distance from individuals outside of their party, limited active and passive uses by individuals and families, and prohibiting the gathering of groups larger than ten.
Parks reopening as of Sunday, May 10, 2020 include:
- Bergeron Park – 1900 S. Nob Hill Rd
- East Davie Nature Park – 5350 SW 58th Ave
- Falcons Lea Park – 14900 Stirling Road
- James Ale Park – 6061 SW 36th Ct
- Joy Yoder Equestrian Park – 14150 SW 38th St
- Lange Park – 6550 SW 47th St
- Linear Park, along Orange Drive from US-441 to SW 154th Avenue
- Owls Lookout Park – SW 26th St. & Flamingo Rd
- Robbins Preserve – 4005 Hiatus Rd
- Shenandoah Park – 14601 SW 14th St
- Silver Lake Park – 5695 SW 52nd Ave
- Sunny Lake Bird Sanctuary – 5300 Griffin Rd
- Veterans Park – 5750 SW 39th St
- Westridge Park – 2900 SW 100th Ave
- Wolf Lake Park – 5400 SW 76th Ave
Residential communities can reopen pools as long as the pools are utilized by residents of the housing development; adhere to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines of six (6) feet social distancing; pool deck and pool occupancy are limited to no greater than 50% capacity; the use of the pool deck and pool are supervised by a sufficient number of employees or other people designated by the housing development during the hours in which they are used to ensure compliance and employees or other designees of the housing development sanitize the facility’s pool chairs, railings, gates, tables, showers, and other equipment at the pool and pool deck regularly.
Per Broward County Emergency Order 20-08, the operation of parks and trails will provide uses highlighted in the order while following current CDC guidelines.
While parks and trails are open, the following amenities and activities are prohibited:
- All organized athletic leagues, games, practices, tournaments, recreation programs, and events
- Social gatherings in groups of more than 10 people
- Basketball, tennis, racquetball, volleyball and pickleball courts
- Community centers
- Dog parks
- Grills and grilling
- Indoor gyms
- Outdoor fitness equipment areas
- Park offices
- Playgrounds and play areas
- Pavilions and shelters
- Rental halls
- Splash pad
- Park Pools
Residents should continue to adhere to the restrictions and other guidance for safety and social distancing issued by local and state health officials, before traveling to a Town park. Residents planning on coming to a Town park are encouraged to bring all necessary provisions, such as hand sanitizer and face masks with them. Please dispose of all personal protective equipment properly while visiting Town parks.
The Town reserves the right to open and close parks and amenities as needed without having to issue a new Emergency Order.
For more information, please contact the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department at 954-797-1146.
For the latest updates regarding COVID-19, visit FloridaHealth.gov, email [email protected] or call the COVID Call Center at 954-357-9500.
Leona Henry, Intergovernmental Affairs Manager
Sussette Rodriguez, Public Relations Coordinator
If you do not wish to receive Town of Davie news releases please email [email protected] and request that your email address be removed from this list.