FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NOVEMBER 7, 2019
PUBLIC NOTICE ON SEWER IMPROVEMENTS PROJECT
When: Now – January 31, 2020 (Excluding Holidays)
- Starting at the corner of Southwest 40th Court and Davie Road, continuing West until Southwest 67th Avenue
- Continuing South along Southwest 67th Avenue until Southwest 41st Court
- Continuing West along Southwest 41st Court until Southwest 68th Avenue
- Continuing South along Southwest 68th Avenue until Orange Drive
Town of Davie Utilities continues sanitary sewer collection system improvements in the neighborhood located along Southwest 67th and Southwest 68th Avenue, between Southwest 40th Court and Orange Drive (see map).
The work will be performed by LANZO Lining Services, Inc. and will include sanitary sewer pipes lining using a trenchless Cured-in-Place Pipe (CIPP) method. This method requires little or zero digging and access to sewer pipes is via existing manholes. The crew will insert a flexible liner inside the old pipe to create a new, watertight, smooth-surfaced, long-lasting pipe within the existing, old pipe. This method will restore our old pipes to a near-new condition without prolonged, expensive and disruptive excavation.
You Can Expect During a Project:
- Traffic Disruptions. Construction crews do most of the sewer lining work through manholes in the streets. Spot repairs may require excavation prior to the lining process.
- Outdoor Noise. Utilities vactor trucks will be outside in the area operating vacuum and bypass pumps, necessary to clean and maintain sewer services.
- Odor. Customers may notice an odor that should dissipate quickly. To help reduce odor, run water in all sinks and drains to make sure p-traps are filled. You can cover floor drains with a wet towel or a zip-bag filled with water.
- “In-pipe” Noise. Customers may hear a humming noise coming from pipes, during the pipe lining process called an in-pipe noise. Covering drains can help reduce this noise.
- Limit Your Water Use. Customers are asked to make limited use of toilets, showers and refrain from running washer machines.
Typical work hours are Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Excluding Holidays).
Occasional work may be continued overnight. Should overnight work occur, customers will be notified via door hangers. There may also be inactivity between some phases of the work schedule.
If you have any additional questions regarding this project please contact the Utilities Department at 954-327-3742 or visit www.davie-fl.gov/925/Wastewater-Collections
Leona Henry, Intergovernmental Affairs Manager
Sussette Rodriguez, Public Relations Assistant
If you do not wish to receive Town of Davie news releases please email firstname.lastname@example.org and request that your email address be removed from this list.