FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 29, 2019
RESCHEDULED: HHW AND ELECTRONICS RECYCLING
HURRICANE DORIAN ADVISORY #5
DAVIE, Fla. – The Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) and Electronics Recycling events originally scheduled for Saturday, August 31, 2019 are rescheduled to Saturday, September 7, 2019 at Pine Island Park, 3801 S. Pine Island Road, Davie, FL 33328 at 8 a.m. The Prescription Drug Collection and Shred-A-Thon events are cancelled.
Solid Waste Information:
- Residents should refrain from cutting trees or doing additional landscaping projects until after this storm passes.
- Residents should not put out bulk items out at this time as South Florida is currently in the cone of uncertainty for the hurricane. Next week’s bulk pickup schedule (September 2-7, 2019), may be suspended as the storm approaches and bulk items left out can become harmful projectiles in high winds. The Town’s Code Compliance inspectors will issue citations to homeowners who place bulk items both curbside and on the swale.
- Solid/commingled and recyclable materials and carts should be properly secured in a safe, sheltered location.
Hurricane Supply Preparations:
Residents are reminded not to focus on the exact forecast track since strong winds and heavy rainfall extend well away from the center of the storm.
- If you live in an evacuation zone, make sure you have an evacuation plan. Create a family disaster plan
- Have at least one gallon of water per person, per day for three days
- A three-day supply of non-perishable food
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- First-aid kit and wet wipes
- Battery-powered radio with extra batteries
- A supply of any medication needed
Temporary Horse Release Program:
If you have not done so already, the deadline to register your horse for the Town of Davie’s Horse Release program is Friday, August 30, 2019 at 5 p.m.
Horse owners must obtain and complete the following forms prior to bringing horses/horse to the hurricane site.
- Completed and signed animal registration form.
- A completed, signed and notarized general release agreement.
- A completed and signed Good Samaritan Act: Immunity from Civil Liability Form.
- Proof of your residency (current utility bill or other forms of identity).
- An original copy of your horse’s current negative coggins report that clearly shows the owner’s address.
Registrations can be made in advance. The number of horses allowed is limited. Stallions will not be permitted. The payment procedure: A registration fee of twenty dollars $20.00 (January 1st to May 31st) and $40.00 (June 1st to November 30th) per horse is required and included with registration forms.
Please contact Anna Francis at 954-797-1153 for more information.
Leona Henry, Intergovernmental Affairs Manager
Sussette Rodriguez, Public Relations Assistant
If you do not wish to receive Town of Davie news releases please email [email protected] and request that your email address be removed from this list.