DAVIE, Fla. – In light of Earth Day, the Town of Davie is emphasizing its efforts to build resilience to climate change by reinforcing its ordinance that requires new residential, commercial, and municipal buildings to provide infrastructure to charge vehicles within required parking spaces. The ordinance was created in 2016.
As part of the implementation of the Town’s sustainability goals, Electric Vehicle (EV) charging stations are being provided in existing sites where there is not a requirement in place.
New buildings are required to have EVcharging stations installed on parking areas of more than 25 spaces. This ordinance is part of a Town-wide shift away from fossil fuels to cleaner, more renewable energy sources for transportation and building use. It is making plug-in EV charging more widely available in new building stock, while helping to reduce town-wide greenhouse gas emissions, and air pollution.
Current Locations of Charging Stations:
1. Town and Country Shoppes Plaza, 1903 S. University Drive
2. Tower Shops Shopping Center, 1904 S. University Drive
3. Davie Neighborhood Market, 8550 Stirling Road
4. Lakeside Town Shops, 5800 S. University Dr.
5. Nexus Shooting Range, 2600 Davie Road
6. Young at Art, 751 SW 121st Avenue
7. University Mitsubishi, 5395 S. University Drive
8. Arrowhead Davie, 7900 Nova Drive
9. JV Floors, 3801 SW 47th Avenue
10. Florida Atlantic University, 3200 College Avenue
11. Broward College, 3501 SW Davie Road
12. Weston Nissan, 3600 Weston Road
13. Main Street Lofts, 4100 Davie Road (currently under construction)
14. University Pointe, Southeast of Davie and Griffin Roads (currently under construction)
15. Therapeeds Inc., 5951 Orange Drive
For more details on the ordinance please click on the link below: