FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 8, 2019
NW 136th Avenue at SR 84 Intersection Improvements Project Open House
The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) is conducting a construction open house regarding the improvements of NW 136th Avenue at SR 84, near to the I-595 interchange. The meeting is scheduled for Thursday, April 18, 2019 from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Florida Highway Patrol (Davie Station), 14190 West SR 84, Davie, FL 33325.
The project is scheduled to begin May 2019 and completed Fall 2020. The project includes:
- Replacing and widening the existing bridge over the North New River Canal, resulting in an additional southbound through lane and designated bike lanes.
- Adding a designated right-turn lane from westbound SR 84 to northbound NW 136th Avenue.
- Upgrading the existing lighting to LED.
- During the replacement of the bridge traffic will be reduced to 2 lanes in each direction.
- Single lane closures may occur overnight, Sunday through Thursday, between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Additional lane closure and detour information will be provided in the weekly traffic report distributed by FDOT.
Representatives from FDOT and project partners will be available to answer questions from the community. The meeting will be an informal open house and no formal presentation will be made.
For more information on this project, please contact Angela Foreman, P.E., FDOT Construction Senior Project Manager, 954-940-7523, [email protected] or Rebecca Guerrero, Community Outreach Specialist, 954-940-7605 or [email protected].
Leona Henry, Public Relations Coordinator
Sussette Rodriguez, Public Relations Assistant
If you do not wish to receive Town of Davie news releases please email [email protected] and request that your email address be removed from this list.