Posted on June 7, 2018
Park and Ride Lot in Davie will Close Monday, June 11, 2018 through Spring 2019
The Park and Ride lot located on Reese Road in Davie will be closed beginning Monday, June 11, 2018 through Spring 2019. The 595 Express buses will be rerouted during this time. The last day to park at the Park and Ride lot will be Friday, June 8, 2018.
- Adding 101 additional parking spaces for a total of 206 spaces, including seven (7) handicap parking spaces
- Improving lighting within the existing Park and Ride lot
- Installing ITS components for an Intelligent Parking System, including a dynamic message sign on eastbound SR 84 approaching Davie Road that will indicate the number of available spaces
- Improving sidewalks, driveways, and curb ramps to meet current ADA standards
- Improving drainage
- Relocating bus shelters and bus shelter pads
- Upgrading signing and pavement markings on Reese Road
ALTERNATIVE PARKING LOCATIONS
Broward County Transit customers may use the following parking locations during construction:
- Roof top parking lot at the Tri-Rail Fort Lauderdale Airport Station located at 500 Gulf Stream Way, Dania Beach, FL 33004. Vehicles should not be parked in the reserved parking spaces on level 2. Tri-Rail does not assume responsibility for damage to or loss of property at this location. Persons leaving their vehicles do so at their own risk.
- The BB&T Center Park and Ride lot located at 2091 N.W. 136 Avenue, Sunrise, FL 33323. Customers can access the Park and Ride lot through Gate 7. The BB&T Center does not assume responsibility for damage to or loss of property at this location. Persons leaving their vehicles do so at their own risk.
You can also learn more about this project by visiting Florida Department of Transportation website or visiting Broward County Transit website.