Posted on January 9, 2018
VITA Free Tax Preparation Program
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program will be offering two free tax preparation events for Davie residents who need help in completing their annual tax return.
Davie residents can participate in one of the upcoming events:
- January 26, 2018, at Pine Island Multipurpose Center, 3801 S. Pine Island Rd., Davie, FL 33328 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. OR
- February 7, 2018 at Eastside Community Hall, 4300 SW 55th Avenue, Davie, FL 33314 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
What to bring:
- Original Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and/or dependents or social security number verification letter issued by SSA
- Government issued photo identification for you and your spouse
- Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Form 1099)
- Day care expenses with the providers’ EIN and amount paid (if applicable)
- Bank routing numbers and account numbers for direct deposit, blank check
- A copy of last year’s tax return
- Any other relevant information about income and expenses
- Health insurance documents: 1095A, 1095B or 1095C. If you qualified for an exemption through the Health Insurance Marketplace, bring the Exemption Certificate Number (ECN).
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) is a federal program created 40+ years ago. In the 2016 tax season, more than 5,816 Broward County taxpaying working families and individuals took advantage of the VITA program and had their income taxes prepared by trained VITA volunteers. More than $6.3 million in taxes were refunded to working families. Nearly 40% of the individuals assisted last year qualified for additional tax credits, including the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC). Individuals who have not taken advantage of EITC in the past may be eligible for the credit for up to three years retroactively.
For more information regarding site updates, hours of operation, etc., visit www.VITATaxesFree.org or call 2-1-1.