on October 29, 2017
The Town of Davie’s storm debris haulers have completed the first pass for Hurricane Irma storm debris removal. Completing the “first pass” means that contractors have picked up most of the vegetative storm related material throughout most of the Town (a few streets remain that require specific types of equipment). Since the haulers began on September 17, they have collected over 328,000 cubic yards of storm-related debris from public and private communities. A second pass has begun throughout the Town. Since this is the last pass, residents are strongly encouraged to have all storm related debris, vegetative and non-vegetative material brought to the swale, which generally is the first five (5) to ten (10) feet of property adjacent to the roadway.
During the second pass, haulers will be collecting:
- Tree debris such as branches and tree trunks.
- Any other storm related non-landscaping debris such as fencing, roof materials, etc.
Storm debris crews will continue to work Saturdays and Sundays to expedite the cleanup process. Please keep in mind:
- Do not put regular bulk waste as part of the storm debris pickup as it will not be picked up. This should be placed in a separate pile prior to your scheduled bulk trash pickup day.
- Do not cover drainage structures or place debris near a water meter vault, fire hydrant, or any other above-ground utility.
- Keep bagged leaves & debris, construction debris, furniture, appliances or anything else separated from hurricane tree debris piles. This will help with the disposal process.
- Do not park vehicles in the roadways as they will impede the ability for the large debris removal trucks to access the area for cleanup. Vehicles must be removed from the roadway to keep access points open, or they will be removed as necessary.
- Do not place debris piles near trees, poles, mailboxes, fire hydrants, drains or other structures as this will make removal efforts difficult and cause damage to existing infrastructure. Storm debris removal frequently asked questions and answers.
Regular Bulk Trash Pickup Resumes November 6
The collection of regular bulk waste for Davie residents will resume on November 6, 2017 and will be done on the regular schedule. Please note, Waste Management will not be collecting storm debris or storm-related vegetative material.
It is important that storm debris remain separate from residential bulk material so that Waste Management can collect your household bulk materials efficiently and safely. Click to find your bulk pickup date.
Condo Multi-family Bulk Pickup
The next condo/multifamily bulk pickup will be November 9 through November 11, 2017.
All bulk items should be placed out and available for collection by 7:00 a.m. on the first day of each collection period. If you have any questions regarding the collection period or to schedule a pickup, please contact Waste Management at 954-974-7500.