Posted on October 20, 2017
Traffic Advisory: Sgt. La David Johnson Funeral Services, Friday, October 20th & Saturday, October 21st
On October 4, 2017, Sgt. La David Johnson of the US Army was tragically killed in an ambush attack in Niger. Sgt. Johnson is a native of Miami Gardens and he will be laid to rest this weekend. The viewing and funeral services will occur on Friday, October 20 and Saturday, October 21, 2017 at Christ the Rock Church in Cooper City.
As we mourn the loss of Sgt. La David Johnson and his fellow soldiers, we offer our most sincere condolences to their families and heartfelt appreciation for their service to our country. We also remember Staff Sgt. Bryan C. Black of Puyallup, Washington; Staff Sgt. Jeremiah W. Johnson of Springboro, Ohio, and Staff Sgt. Dustin M. Wright of Lyons, Georgia who were lost in the attack.
At this time we wish to advise residents of increased traffic on Stirling Road and the vicinity of the Hiatus intersection during the following times:
Friday October 20, 2017:
- 2:00 p.m. - Procession will travel from Fred Hunter Funeral Home in Hollywood to Christ the Rock Community Church in Cooper City.
- 5:00 to 8:00 p.m. - Viewing
- 8:30 p.m. - Procession will travel from Christ the Rock Community Church to Fred Hunter Funeral Home.
Saturday October 21, 2017:
- 8:00 a.m. - Procession will travel from Fred Hunter Funeral Home to Christ the Rock Community Church.
- 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. - Funeral Service; Procession will travel to cemetery immediately following the service.
Procession routes have not yet been determined, but it is anticipated that Stirling Road may be involved. Additional information will be provided as it becomes available. Thank you for your patience and respect as Sgt. Johnson's family and community pay their final respects.