Posted on October 19, 2017
Florida Department of Transportation District Four Public Information Workshop, November 1
The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT), District Four, will be holding a public meeting on Wednesday, November 1, 2017 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the New River Civic Center, 60 Weston Road, Sunrise, FL 33326, to discuss the proposed improvements to NW 136th Avenue at SR 84 and I‐595 interchange (Alligator Alley). This will be conducted as an informal open house, with representatives offering pertinent information and answering questions. Design plans and posters will be available for public viewing.
Proposed Roadway Improvements:
- Add a third westbound to northbound right‐turn lane from SR 84 to NW 136th Avenue.
- Replace and widen existing bridges over the North New River Canal to provide a third southbound through lane.
- Reconstruct traffic separator under the I‐595 overpass to increase storage for southbound to eastbound left turns at SR 84.
- Convert an existing northbound through lane to a combination northbound/ left–turn lane at SR 84 westbound.
- Realign SR 84 eastbound lanes through NW 136th Avenue intersection to improve mobility of eastbound I‐595 and SR 84.
- Accommodate designated bike lanes on NW 136th Avenue and SR 84.
- Construction of the project is scheduled to begin: Winter 2019
- Construction of the project is expected to end: Summer 2020
- Construction cost estimate of the project: $4.3 million
Vandana Nagole, PE ‐ FDOT Project Manager
Florida Department of Transportation, District Four
3400 W. Commercial Boulevard, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
Phone: 954‐777‐4281 or Toll Free (866) 336‐8435, ext. 4281
E‐mail: [email protected]
Public participation is solicited without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, or family status. Persons who require special accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or persons who require translation services (free of charge) should contact Vandana Nagole, PE, Project Manager, at least seven (7) days prior to the Project Workshop.
Florida Department of Transportation Mission Statement
The Department will provide a safe transportation system that ensures the mobility of people and goods, enhances economic prosperity, and preserves the quality of our environment and communities.