FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
JUNE 28, 2023
TOWN OF DAVIE INDEPENDENCE DAY OFFICE CLOSURES
Fireworks Safety and Solid Waste Services Updates
DAVIE, Fla. – The Town of Davie governmental offices will be closed on Tuesday, July 4, 2023, in observance of the Independence Day holiday. Offices will resume normal operations on Wednesday, July 5, 2023.
- Pine Island Multipurpose Center will be closed.
- Pine Island Fitness and Aquatic Center will be closed.
- Betty Booth Roberts Park pool will be open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- All Town parks, playgrounds and restrooms will be open from 9 a.m. to sunset, with the exception of:
- Driftwood, Shenandoah, Waterford and Waverly Park will close at 9 p.m.
- Pine Island Park/Bamford Sports Complex will open at 5 p.m. for the Fun on the 4th event.
- There will be no sports activities scheduled for this day.
For additional park information, please visit www.davie-fl.gov or contact the Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Arts Department at 954-797-1146.
The Davie Police Department and Code Compliance Division will be placing fireworks safety signs throughout the community reminding residents to be mindful of neighbors, livestock and pets when using fireworks.
To report unlawful fireworks, please call the dedicated hotline at 954-693-8119. The hotline will operate from 7 p.m. on July 2 through 7 a.m. on July 5, 2023. Please note this is not a replacement for 911. In the event of an emergency, dial 911.
Solid Waste Service Update:
Garbage and bulk trash pick-up services will operate on the normal schedule.
Leona Henry, Intergovernmental Affairs Manager
Sussette Rodriguez, Public Relations Coordinator
Ariana Briceno, Public Relations Assistant