FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
APRIL 17, 2023
OPEN CALL FOR ARTISTS: NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE UTILITY BOX PUBLIC ART PROGRAM
DAVIE, Fla. – The Town of Davie is conducting an open call to artists interested in participating in the Utility Box Wrap Public Art Program. Applications will be accepted now through Friday, May 26, 2023, by midnight. The original works of art will be selected for vinyl wraps on traffic signal boxes throughout the Town.
Artwork should reflect the theme “What does Davie Mean to You?” The primary focus areas for the artwork should include areas of historical significance, equestrian, rodeo, agriculture, wildlife, nature, and the environment. Each winning design selected will be compensated $200 for one-time reproduction rights of the artwork.
- Professional and amateur artists residing in Broward, Palm Beach, Miami-Dade and Monroe Counties are eligible to apply.
- Artists may be skilled in any art medium, i.e., 2-D, painting, photography, graphic design, animation, and digital.
- Artwork must be original in concept, design and execution and of the artists’ own creation.
- Artwork must have a resolution of 360 DPI.
- Logos, numbers, or words cannot be used in the design.
- Artists can submit up to five images.
Please note that experience in vinyl wraps or public art is not required. The Town will contract with a vinyl wrapping company to install the artwork.
To apply, artists must complete the registration form to be considered for the program www.davie-fl.gov/UtilityBoxWrapArt.
About the Program
The Utility Box Public Art Program aims to add a creative touch along our transit corridors by transforming traffic signal boxes into pieces of art. This beautification effort will enhance the experience for visitors and residents alike and help prevent the vandalization of boxes.
The Town of Davie Public Art Advisory Committee will serve as the selection committee to recommend proposed artwork for Town Council approval. The Town may select multiple designs from each artist.
For questions, please contact the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department at 954-797-1145.
Leona Henry, Intergovernmental Affairs Manager
Sussette Rodriguez, Public Relations Coordinator
Ariana Briceno, Public Relations Assistant