FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MARCH 14, 2023
THE TOWN OF DAVIE MAYOR’S SCHOLARSHIP FUND IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
Application deadline is April 14, 2023
DAVIE, Fla. – The Town of Davie’s 2023 Mayor’s Scholarship Fund is now accepting applications for Davie graduating high school seniors interested in pursuing a career in public service. Applications are due by Friday, April 14, 2023.
The Mayor’s Scholarship Fund will grant two recipients a $500 scholarship to encourage education in an area of public service, including public safety, public administration, law, or other public service-related fields.
To be eligible for this scholarship, a student must:
- Be a permanent resident of the Town of Davie;
- Be enrolled at a Davie school (public or private); and
- Have a minimum cumulative unweighted grade point average of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale), verified by a school transcript.
- Applicants must reside within the Town of Davie
Applying to the Program
Qualifying students must submit the following documents:
- A letter of intent stating their area of career interest written in 12-point font;
- List of colleges applied to or accepted to
- Relevant experience in public service fields including, but not limited to, JROTC, police or fire explorers programs and governmental internships if applicable
- Limited to four pages
- A resume; and
- Two letters of recommendation from someone other than a family member who has known them for at least four years.
All required documents must be sent electronically to Mayor Judy Paul at [email protected]. Hard copies will not be accepted.
Submitted applications will be reviewed by the Town’s Youth, Education and Safety Advisory Committee. Recipients will be notified on April 28, 2023, and recognized at the Town Council meeting on Wednesday, May 3, 2023, at 6:30 p.m.
For more information about this opportunity, please contact Jeff Pohlman, Director of Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts, at 954-797-1163 or Mayor Judy Paul at 954-797-1030 or [email protected] if you have any questions.
Leona Henry, Intergovernmental Affairs Manager
Sussette Rodriguez, Public Relations Coordinator
Ariana Briceno, Public Relations Assistant