FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MARCH 9, 2023
TOWN OF DAVIE PARTNERS WITH BACK ON MY FEET FOR TOILETRIES DONATION DRIVE
Accepting new and unused toiletries to support homeless individuals.
DAVIE, Fla. – The Town of Davie Human Resources Department is partnering with the non-profit Back On My Feet to collect new and unused toiletries and select fitness items now through Friday, March 17, 2023. Items collected will be allocated to assist those who are experiencing or are at risk of homelessness.
To donate, please bring items in their original packaging. Items can be dropped off Monday through Sunday during the following times at the Town locations listed below.
Town of Davie Drop-Off Locations:
Monday - Friday
- Town Clerk’s Office (Building C): 8800 SW 36th Street | 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Pine Island Multipurpose Center: 3801 S. Pine Island Road | 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Fitness and Aquatic Center: 3800 SW 92nd Ave. | 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Davie Police Department Lobby: 1230 South Nob Hill Road | 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Davie Fire Rescue Department Main Lobby: 6901 Orange Drive | 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday
- Fitness and Aquatic Center: 3800 SW 92nd Ave. | 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Accepted Items Include:
(All adult sizes)
(All adult sizes)
The Back On My Feet organization requests that donations be new and unopened. Please note that the Town of Davie will not distribute the collected items. For more information about the donation drive, please contact Leslie Janvier, Human Resources Technician, at [email protected] or 954-797-1169.
About Back On My Feet
Back On My Feet’s mission is to combat homelessness and assist individuals to get “back on their feet” through the power of fitness and running, community support, sustainable employment and housing resources. To learn more about the organization, visit www.backonmyfeet.org.
Leona Henry, Intergovernmental Affairs Manager
Sussette Rodriguez, Public Relations Coordinator
Ariana Briceno, Public Relations Assistant