FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
FEB. 22, 2023
DAVIE PARTNERS WITH SBDC TO PROVIDE FREE BUSINESS WORKSHOPS TO LOCAL ENTREPRENEURS
Get ideas on launching, growing, transitioning, or innovating your business.
DAVIE, Fla. – The Town of Davie, in partnership with the Florida Atlantic University (FAU) Small Business Development Center (SBDC), is launching a series of free business workshops titled “Getting Back to Business.” It is geared towards helping entrepreneurs start or strengthen their business, learn the basics of government contracts, and share the tools and resources the SBDC provides for businesses in Davie.
The workshops are scheduled at the Davie Pine Island Multipurpose Center, 3801 S. Pine Island Rd, beginning at 10 a.m. Register now to attend. Please take note of the schedule below.
Wednesday, April 5, 2023
- Topic: Contracting with Local Agencies
- Looking to be a Town vendor and still unsure of the steps that you need to take to win a contract? Let us guide you through the process so that you are ready to navigate the rules and regulations required by the Town of Davie. Learn more about the strategies and best practices for government contracting.
- Watch the recap video on YouTube at https://youtube.com/live/6k3Rs9m6DM8.
- Wednesday, April 12, 2023
- Topic: Contracting with the Federal Government
- Filing bids for contracts with the U.S. government, local and state agencies can have twists and turns. Does your proposal have the right documentation? Join the SBDC training as we share the resources you need.
- Watch the recap video on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/live/VpISG_Bhmtw?feature=share.
- Wednesday, May 10, 2023
- Topic: Building a Bankable Business
- Money makes the world go round and is a necessity for business sustainability. Join the Florida SBDC at FAU, as we share strategies and best practices for accessing the capital your business needs. Learn how your business can create bankable ideas.
- Register for this workshop.
- Wednesday, September 6, 2023
- Topic: Starting Your Business: From Ideation to Growth
- Do you have a great idea for a business but don't know where to start? Have you filed your LLC but you're unsure of what to do next? Join the Florida SBDC at FAU as we walk through the process of starting a business, from idea feasibility, putting in place to right structure, building necessary relationships, basic marketing strategies, business plans and the steps to ensure your business continues towards growth.
- Wednesday, October 11, 2023
- Topic: Best Practices for Marketing Your Small Business
- Are you a business owner looking to expand your client or customer base? Does your business need exposure? Join the Florida SBDC for an overview of best practices in marketing and strategies to increase your business and your brand.
For those unable to attend the in-person workshop, the Town will provide the following options to participate:
- If you have business questions related to the respective discussion topic that you want to be addressed, please send the information to [email protected], so they can be featured during the Q&A portion of the workshop.
- The live workshops will be recorded and available on the Town’s YouTube Channel.
The SBDC serves entrepreneurs and small businesses throughout the Town and across all industries through confidential, no-cost consulting and professional training. Whether you are starting, buying, growing or selling a business, the FAU SBDC team has the expertise, experience, and resources to complement the vision and passion of Davie’s businesses. The no-cost confidential consulting services focus on making companies start, grow and thrive.
About Davie’s SBDC Team:
The Town of Davie has two SBDC members dedicated to facilitating the needs of Davie entrepreneurs. They have immense experience in commercial and international banking in South Florida, start-ups, nonprofits, capacity building, strategic plans, business plans, marketing, marketing plans, business growth and government contracts. To learn more about our team, visit www.davie-fl.gov/sbdc.
Leona Henry, Intergovernmental Affairs Manager
Sussette Rodriguez, Public Relations Coordinator
Ariana Briceno, Public Relations Assistant