FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
OCT. 3, 2022
TOWN OF DAVIE DIAPER DONATION DRIVE EXTENDED
Donations will be accepted until Monday, Oct. 10, 2022
DAVIE, Fla. - The Town of Davie in partnership with the Greater Fort Lauderdale Diaper Bank has extended its Diaper Donation Drive collection until Monday, Oct. 10, 2022. Donations will help supply diapers and related products to families in need and other supporting non-profit community organizations.
Items can be dropped off Monday through Sunday during the following times at the Town locations listed below.
Town of Davie Drop Off Locations:
Monday - Friday
- Town Clerk’s Office (Building C): 8800 SW 36th Street | 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Pine Island Multipurpose Center: 3801 S. Pine Island Road | 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Fitness and Aquatic Center: 3800 SW 92nd Ave. | 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Davie Police Department Lobby: 1230 South Nob Hill Road | 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Davie Fire Rescue Department Main Lobby: 6901 Orange Drive | 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday
- Fitness and Aquatic Center: 3800 SW 92nd Ave. | 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Items being accepted:
- Adult diapers
- Newborn diapers
- Size 1-7 diapers
- Pull Ups 2T-5T
- Baby wipes
The Greater Fort Lauderdale Diaper Bank helps provide diapers and other related products to low-income families and their children in South Florida. The organization was presented a proclamation at the September 21, 2022, Town Council meeting in honor of National Diaper Need Awareness Week that took place Sept. 24 through Oct. 2, 2022. This proclamation helps promote awareness of the rising issue of diaper needs across the U.S.
The Greater Fort Lauderdale Diaper Bank requests that donations be new, unopened items. Please note that the Town of Davie will not distribute the collected items. For more information about the Greater Fort Lauderdale Diaper Bank, visit www.ftldiaperbank.org. We ask that you follow the donation items provided and make no substitutions. For information about the donation drive, please contact the Public Information Office at [email protected] or 954-797-1102 or 954-797-1190.
Leona Henry, Intergovernmental Affairs Manager
Sussette Rodriguez, Public Relations Coordinator
Ariana Briceno, Public Relations Assistant