FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SEPT. 29, 2022, AT 12:15 PM
HURRICANE IAN UPDATE #6: SOLID WASTE COLLECTION UPDATE; TOWN PARKS AND FACILITIES REOPEN
Robbins Preserve and Select Amenities Remain Closed
DAVIE, Fla. – Hurricane Ian was downgraded to a Tropical Storm (TS) and is no longer a threat to Broward County, including Davie. All watches and warnings have been lifted for South Florida.
Please take note of the following Town of Davie solid waste collection updates and parks and facility hours of operation below. This notice will serve as the last update for Hurricane/TS Ian.
Solid Waste Services
- Coastal Waste and Recycling will recover the residential curbside bulk pickup for residents originally scheduled to receive service on Wednesday, Sept. 28 (Zone 21) and finish the collection for Zone 20 today, Thursday, Sept. 29, 2022 and tomorrow, Friday, Sept. 30, 2022.
- Please note that bulk collection occurs between 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Code Enforcement staff will not issue citations for Zones 20 and 21 this week as the Town recovers from the impacts of Hurricane Ian.
- For residents scheduled to have bulk services on Saturday, Oct. 1, 2022, the collection will proceed as planned.
Town Parks and Operations
The Town has completed its storm impact assessment to determine the parks and facilities impacted by Hurricane Ian. The Town will continue reevaluating closed parks and amenities to determine whether they can reopen safely. Please, take note of the following updates:
- All Town parks and facilities, excluding Robbins Preserve, are open for public use.
- While Pine Island Park (Bamford Sports Complex) is open, its skatepark, playground, ballfields, disc golf and exercise equipment remain closed.
- The Oakhill Equestrian playground, Sunny Lake Bird Sanctuary south trail, Shenandoah Park playground and Potter Park ballfields remain closed due to standing water.
As a reminder, Davie parks are open for use from 9 a.m. to sunset daily except for:
- Driftwood, Shenandoah, Waterford and Waverly parks are open daily from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Pine Island Park (Bamford Sports Complex) is open from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Recreation and Operations
- All outdoor recreational activities and sports programming remain canceled until further notice.
- The Davie Pine Island Fitness and Aquatic Center is operating as normally scheduled.
- The Pine Island Multipurpose Center and Fitness and Aquatic Center have resumed regular operating hours.
- All Town operations will continue operating as normally scheduled.
There will be no further updates on TS Ian. To stay updated on the latest updates in Davie, please register for news and announcements and ensure your information is updated in the Town's emergency alerting system, Everbridge.
For the latest Town updates, follow the Town of Davie on its social media platforms.
- Facebook: @TownofDavie
- Twitter: @TownofDavie
- Instagram: @TownofDavie
- Nextdoor: Town of Davie
- YouTube: Town of Davie TV
Leona Henry, Intergovernmental Affairs Manager
Sussette Rodriguez, Public Relations Coordinator
Ariana Briceno, Public Relations Assistant