FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
JUNE 6, 2022
ALL TOWN OF DAVIE PARKS AND FACILITIES ARE OPEN FOR USE
Oakhill Equestrian Playground Swings Remain Closed
DAVIE, Fla. – After a park assessment today, all Town of Davie parks and facilities have reopened. However, this past weekend, some playgrounds were significantly impacted by the rainfall and remain closed. Please take note of the playground, parks and facility operations below.
Parks, Fitness and Aquatic Facilities Updates
- All town parks have resumed normal operations.
- Pine Island Multipurpose Center has resumed normal operations.
- Pine Island Fitness and Aquatic Center have resumed normal operations.
- The playgrounds at Pine Island (Bamford Sports Complex) and Reflections Park have reopened. The playground swings at Oakhill Equestrian Park remain closed. The equipment will reopen once it is deemed safe for use.
All Town of Davie parks and amenities are open for use from 9 a.m. to sunset daily except for:
- Driftwood, Shenandoah, Waterford and Waverly parks are open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily.
- Pine Island Park (Bamford Sports Complex) is open from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
The hours of operations for Parks and Recreation facilities are:
- Pine Island Fitness Center is open Monday through Friday from 5 a.m. to 11 a.m. and 12 p.m. to 8:45 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Pine Island Aquatic Center is open Monday through Friday from 5 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For a complete list of park hours and information, please visit www.davie-fl.gov/Facilities or contact the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department at 954-797-1147
Town Event Updates
The Take-A-Kid Fishin’ Rodeo event is rescheduled to Saturday, June 25, 2022. All other event details remain the same.
To stay up to date on the latest updates regarding this weather phenomenon and its impact on Davie, please register for news and announcements and ensure your information is updated in the Town’s emergency alerting system, Everbridge.
Leona Henry, Intergovernmental Affairs Manager
Sussette Rodriguez, Public Relations Coordinator
Ariana Briceno, Public Relations Assistant
Updated on June 15, 2022