Community Services Division
The Community Services Division provides a holistic approach to neighborhood revitalization, housing assistance, and community development projects that build or expand infrastructure; upgrade public facilities; upgrade the existing housing stock; expand home ownership opportunities and affordable rental housing; and promote economic development that will enhance the tax base as well as the health, wealth and safety of a geographic designated area. The elimination and prevention of slum and blight enhance the tax base, encourage affordable housing, and facilitate redevelopment activities by the private sector within the limits of the redevelopment area of the Town.
New Program: Wheelchair Ramp Program for Mobile Homes
Now Accepting Applications
The Barrier Free Program or Wheelchair Ramp Program is the newest addition to The Town of Davie’s State Housing Initiatives Partnership (SHIP) offerings. The program’s goal is to improve accessibility to elderly residents who are 62 years and older and whose households include one or more persons in need of accessibility upgrades. The program will install and/or replace wheelchair ramps on mobile homes.
Applications are being accepted from January 30, 2020 through April 1, 2020 or until funds are expended. Completed applications must be dropped off at the Community Services Division Office located at 4700 SW 64th Avenue, Suite D, Davie, FL 33314, Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. You must be a Davie resident to participate.
Funding is limited and applications are processed on a first come, first qualified basis. To qualify, each applicant must meet income guidelines, which are based on household size and household income limits listed on the Broward County Area Median Income Limits chart. The grant amount will be based on the amount of assistance needed for installation or replacement of the wheelchair ramp and cannot exceed $9,000.
For more information, please contact the Community Services Division at 954-797-1173.
Housing Assistance Programs
- First Time Homebuyer Program
- Currently, the Community Services Division is not accepting applications for the First Time Homebuyer Program at this time.
- This program is closed - Home Repair Program
- Applications will be accepted for the Home Repair Program beginning May 15th, 2019 through June 5th, 2019 or until funds are expended from 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM. Completed applications must be dropped off at the Community Services Division Office, located at 4700 SW 64 Avenue Suite D Davie, FL 33314.
- SHIP HOME REPAIR APPLICATION AND INFORMATION Opens in New Window
- INCOME LIMITS (Funding will be available for extremely-low, very-low, and low income households at this time.)
Priority Level (50%)