By using methods other than single-occupancy vehicles to get to work you reduce harmful emissions which are a significant contributor to global warming. Other benefits to sharing rides to work include savings on the cost of getting to work and savings on the wear and tear on your vehicle.
Buses & Shuttles
- View the Bus Routes for Davie.
- View the South Florida Education Center's website for information about free Tri-Rail/SFEC Shuttle and it's hours of operation.
Broward County Transportation
- Broward County Transit Services
- Broward County Public Transportation
- Learn more about the Complete Street Initiative and what a complete street; is and how many local governments in Broward county are beginning to implement.
South Florida Commuter Services
- South Florida Commuter Services is a State run organization that helps promote ride sharing options for commuters in Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, Martin, and St. Lucie Counties. They do this by providing commuters with information on the various modes available, and putting them in touch with riders who live and work in close proximity. In addition, they also work closely with employers to identify commuter issues and provide support to relieve these issues.
- In case of emergency, they also have an Emergency Ride Home (ERH) program that provides six free taxi services per year in emergency situations for registered commuters who carpool at least three times per week. It covers medical emergencies and unscheduled overtime or extended/changed work hours.
- South Florida Commuter Services phone: 800-234-RIDE (7433).
Senior Citizen & Handicap Transportation
- Learn more about Aging & Disability Resource Center transportation for all seniors citizens in Broward County.
- View Broward County Paratransit web page for information on public transportation for any persons with disabilities.