Agricultural & Environmental Advisory Committee
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Davie has a committee dedicated to agriculture and the environment called the Agricultural and Environmental Advisory Committee. This committee meets quarterly. Town residents volunteer their time and efforts to serve on this committee. They work to improve the agricultural lifestyle in Davie while conserving our environment, ensuring that Davie wildlife and resources are well protected.
Past Initiatives & Goals
- Joining the International Council of Local Environmental Initiatives (ICLEI) to access software to create the Town’s Greenhouse Gas Emission Inventory. The inventory creates a baseline for monitoring of improvements when adopting policies. This recommendation was adopted by Resolution-2010-244.
- Vehicle idle reduction policy for Town employees. This recommendation was adopted by Resolution-2011-37.
- Registering the Town of Davie in the Community Wildlife Habitat Program of the National Wildlife Federation (NWF) and work towards certification. This recommendation was adopted by Resolution-2009-323.
- Developing sustainability checklists for renovations and new construction.
- Establishment of a fleet vehicle replacement program involving the use of hybrid, fuel efficient and/or alternative fuel vehicles, Resolution 2009-171.