FOPA General Employee Benefits
- Less than 5 years of service: accrue 3.08 hours biweekly or 10 days per year.
- 5-9 years of service: accrue 4.62 hours biweekly or 15 days per year
- Completion of 10 years of service: accrue 6.15 hours biweekly or 20 days per year
11.5 days per year as designated by Town Council each fiscal year.
Birthday Day is awarded to employees who have been employed at least one year and must have successfully completed the 12 month probationary period.
3.69 hours biweekly or 12 days per year (1 day per month)
2 days are awarded to employees who have reached 3 years of continuous service with the Town.
Medical and Dental Insurance
- Medical: Employees are given a choice of 3 Medical Plans: United Healthcare EPO, POS, or HD w/HSA.
- Dental: Employee has choice of one of three plans: Humana HS205, Advantage Plan, or PPO (Low or High).
- Vision: Humana
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA’s)
- Healthcare Spending Accounts (Medical FSA)
- Dependent Care Spending Accounts
- Off-the-Job Accident Indemnity Plan
- Cancer Indemnity Plan
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Whole and Term Life Insurance
- Universal Life with Long Term Care
- Juvenile Universal Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
Employees are given an option to purchase legal insurance and identity theft provided by either LegalShield or US Legal Services.
457 Plan Deferred Compensation Plan
Administered by VOYA, employees have the ability to make pre-tax contributions into a variety of investment options to save for retirement.
Short Term Disability
After 21 day elimination period, 50% of weekly salary up to $1500.00 per week, maximum benefit duration is 10 weeks.
Long Term Disability
After 90 day elimination period, 50% of monthly earnings up to $7500 and an additional 10% of salary with an optional employee buy-up.
$50,000 Basic Life.
Supplemental Life Insurance (Voluntary)
Employees may also purchase additional insurance up to five times their salary (max of $400,000.00) and dependent insurance.
Pension: Defined Benefit Plan
Click here for summary (Employees hired after September 30, 2013 section):
Upon completion of five (5), ten (10), fifteen (15), twenty (20), twenty-five (25), thirty (30), thirty-five (35), forty (40), forty-five (45), and fifty (50) years of continuous service with the town, employees shall be presented with service awards, to be determined by the Town Administrator or designee.
- Five years of service: $500 per year
- Six to Ten (6-10) years of service: $750 per year
- Eleven (11) or more years of service: $1000 per year