The #SaferBy4 drowning initiative is geared to help children reach their 4th birthday through swim lessons and water safety education.
The Town of Davie offers year-round swim lessons with each new session starting at the beginning of each month. The swimming and learn to swim instruction is structured to help swimmers of all ages and abilities develop their swimming and water safety skills.
Program Offerings: Town of Davie Swim Lessons
Swim Lessons will be conducted Tuesdays and Thursdays OR Saturdays and Sundays for 4-week sessions (8 lessons). Registration will be open to Davie Residents 1 month before the start of lessons and open to Non-Residents 2 weeks before the start of lessons.
Registration Fees $80 for 8-30 minute lessons. To register, visit the registration page.
Please note that currently, we are only taking registrations and payments online using Visa or Mastercard. Please call (954)327-3926 to update or create an account. Residency status will be checked on the first day of swim lessons. For first-time users please use your primary email for your username and tod2021 as your password. The following are the lesson groups available for registration for 2021.
- Parent and Child Aquatics: Teaches safe behaviors around the water and develops swimming readiness by leading parents and their children in water exploration activities to have fun and become comfortable in and around water.
- Preschool Swim Lessons: Aims to promote the developmentally appropriate learning of fundamental water safety and aquatics skills to preschool-aged children.
- Level 1 Swim Lessons: Designed to orient participants to the aquatic environment and to help them gain basic aquatic skills.
- Level 2 Swim Lessons: Builds on basic aquatic skills and water safety skills and concepts learned in Level 1. This level marks the beginning of independent aquatic locomotion skills.
- Level 3 Swim Lessons: Builds on the skills in Level 2 through additional guided practice in deeper water.
- Adaptive Aquatics Swim Lessons: Are aimed at boosting a person’s swimming skills and confidence in the water by promoting fundamental water safety and aquatics skills using adaptive and personalized techniques.
- Adult Lessons: This course is designed for the fearful/novice participant to orient oneself to the aquatic environment and to help one gain basic aquatic skills. Our Adult Introduction to Water Skills lessons can help teens or adults overcome their fear of the water and learn the basic skills to achieve a minimum level of water competency.
Tuesday & Thursday
|4:15 p.m.||Adaptive Swim||Adaptive Swim|
|4:30 p.m.||5 p.m.||Parent and Tot||Preschool|
|5:15 p.m.||5:45 p.m.||Level 1||Level 2|
|6 p.m.||6:30 p.m.||Level 1||Preschool|
|6:45 p.m.||7:15 p.m.||Level 1||Level 2|
|7:30 p.m.||8 p.m.||Level 3||Adult|
Saturday & Sunday
|10 a.m.||Parent and Tot||Preschool 1|
|10:15 a.m.||10:45 a.m.||Level 1||Preschool 1|
|11 a.m.||11:30 a.m.||Level 1||Level 2|
|11:45 a.m.||12:15 p.m.||Level 3||Adult|
For more information contact us at (954) 327-3926.