Changes due to COVID-19 concerns:
We are working diligently to process your requests as fast as possible. Processing time is 7-10 days after we receive the request, and it is processed in date order.
- Please be patient and use the Online Self Service tools to check on your permit status. DO NOT PAY until instructed to do so.
- *Town of Davie emails to AT&T customers (Yahoo,Bellsouth, ATT, etc.) landing in “spam” or “junk” folders. Please be sure to check your spam/junk folder and move our email to your inbox to resolve this issue.
How to Submit Permits
The Town of Davie Building Department is closed to the public. Please see below for submittal instructions (FYI: We are no longer taking paper permits):
*Failure to follow directions will delay your permit.*
If applying to have a Private Provider please click here.
All new permits/applications will be processed as Project-Dox (Online Permitting Suite).
- You must first email only your application to Buildingdept@davie-fl.gov, to opt-in for Project-Dox (the email address under the contractor on the application will be the one we use to set you up for Project-Dox. If you wish to use a different one, you must state it in your e-mail). FYI: All contractor credentials must be up to date in our system in order to process you application (State license, General Liability, Workman's Compensation, and Business Tax Receipt).
- You will receive an email invitation to upload the plans and documents to the e-mail provided. Email will come from Project-Dox.
- Please make sure you upload the required documents according to the permit's checklist into Project-Dox to ensure your permit can be processed.
- Read all instructions on uploading plans (file type and naming MUST be as instructed) see step-by-step presentation.
If your original permit was submitted in paper format:
- The revision/correction must be submitted via mail to address 6591 Orange Drive, Davie, FL 33314, or dropped of the Drop-off clear bin located at the front entrance in front of Town Clerk.
- Please DO NOT send payments If you haven’t received a confirmation email on the balance due. The price reflected on our online portal (Esuites) is subject to change.
- To make payments, the check may be dropped off in the Drop-off clear bin in front of the main entrance at Town Clerk.
- Or at the Utilities drive through mailbox located at the west side of the Town Hall (Building B). Please make sure to write "Building Division" and the permit number in the front of the envelope.
- Or you may call 954-797- 2092, 1155, 1136, 1025, to pay via Credit Card. Only accepting: Visa, MasterCard, Discover.
The Town of Davie Building Division is dedicated to the expeditious and high quality performance of all of our building related functions while enforcing the Florida Building Code. With an emphasis on customer service and life safety, we endeavor to ensure that construction work performed in the Town of Davie is done in a manner that provides safety and security in both commercial and residential structures for our citizens and our visitors.
In the Building Division, each discipline has a “Chief” as required by the Broward County Administrative Chapter of the Florida Building Code. The Division is internally subdivided by various disciplines (i.e: Structural, Electrical, Plumbing and Mechanical), all being supported by our professional permit staff. The Building Division enforces the State of Florida Building Code as amended.
The Building Division is currently only accepting checks or credit cards for payments.
- After receiving e-mail confirmation of the balance due, you may mail in your check to 6591 Orange Drive, Davie FL 33314, or
- The check may be dropped off in the Utilities drive through mailbox located at the west side of the Town Hall (Building B). Please make sure to write "Building Division" and the permit number in the front of the envelope. Or
- You may call 954-797-2092, 1155, 1136, 1025 to pay via Credit Card. Only accepting: Visa, MasterCard, Discover.