Changes due to COVID-19 concerns:
We are working diligently to process your requests as fast as possible. Processing time is four (4) days after we receive the request and it is processed in date order.
- If you are using the postal service it is taking 1 1/2 weeks to arrive. Please be patient and use the Online Self Service tools to check on your permit status. DO NOT PAY until instructed to do so.
- *Town of Davie emails to AT&T customers (Yahoo,Bellsouth, ATT, etc.) landing in “spam” or “junk” folders. Please be sure to check your spam/junk folder and move our email to your inbox to resolve this issue.
How to Submit Permits
The Town of Davie Building Department is closed to the public. Please see below for submittal instructions:
*Failure to follow directions will delay your permit.*
1. All new permits/applications will be processed as Project-Dox (Online Permitting Suite).
a. You must first e-mail only your application to Buildingdept@davie-fl.gov , stating you will be opting for Project-Dox and the email address to use (if no email is stated, the e-mail address under the contractor on the application will be the one used).
b. Please see the required documents that must be uploaded to process each permit.
c. You will receive an automated e-mail invitation (containing login information) from Project-Dox to upload the plans and documents. Check spam/junk inboxes.
If your initial permit was submitted in paper format:
a. May come in through e-mail ONLY if they are: up to (10) 8 1/2"x11" pages to Buildingdept@davie-fl.gov.
b. Must come in via mail if the pages exceed the size/amount stated above. Mail to address: 6591 Orange Drive, Davie, FL 33314.
c. If your permit is through Project-Dox, you will continue to use the program for corrections and revisions.
a. Please DO NOT send payments if you haven’t received a confirmation email on the balance due. The price reflected on our online portal Esuites is subject to change.
b. To make payments, please mail checks to 6591 Orange Drive, Davie, FL 33314, payable to the "Town of Davie". FYI: Permit drop off fees are not being charged until the permit is ready for pick up (we will notify you the final balance). Revision fees may be mailed in with the revised plans to accelerate the process. See the Building Division Fee Schedule
c. You may drop off ONLY CHECKS at the "Utilities Payments" drive through mailbox, located on the west side of the Town Hall building. You must place the permit number and "Building Division" on the front of the envelope.
The Town of Davie Building Division is dedicated to the expeditious and high quality performance of all of our building related functions while enforcing the Florida Building Code. With an emphasis on customer service and life safety, we endeavor to ensure that construction work performed in the Town of Davie is done in a manner that provides safety and security in both commercial and residential structures for our citizens and our visitors.
In the Building Division, each discipline has a “Chief” as required by the Broward County Administrative Chapter of the Florida Building Code. The Division is internally subdivided by various disciplines (i.e: Structural, Electrical, Plumbing and Mechanical), all being supported by our professional permit staff. The Building Division enforces the State of Florida Building Code as amended.
The Building Division is currently only accepting cash or checks via mail for payments.
- After receiving e-mail confirmation of the balance due, you may mail in your check to 6591 Orange Drive, Davie FL 33314, or
- The check may be dropped off in the Utilities drive through mailbox located at the west side of the Town Hall (Building B). Please make sure to write "Building Division" and the permit number in the front of the envelope.
Contractors credentials must be up to date in order to process and to issue permits. See here on how to update your credentials.
The Building Division allows for a maximum of 3 transactions per check. Our accepted forms of payments are cash or check only.