Effective Jan. 25, 2023 - Walk-thru Permits will be accepted on Wednesdays 8am-11am. Please see the requirements and permits accepted here Version OptionsBuilding DivisionHeadline.
Effective Jan. 09, 2023 - Only the newly updated Broward County Uniform Building Permit Application will be accepted. Please see our Building Forms for all updated documents.
Effective Jun. 29, 2022 - Non-refundable application fees will be collected for permits with a job value of $100,000 or over. This fee must be paid prior to the review process.
All new permits and applications will be processed as Project-Dox (Online Permitting Suite).
Paper permits are no longer being accepted and failure to follow the directions below can result in a delay to your permit.
- Email only your application to [email protected]. The email address under the contractor section will be the one we use to set you up for Project-Dox. If you wish to use a different one, you must state it in your email.
- In person - only the applications are needed to process your permit. If the permit is owner builder, the owner builder themselves must bring in the application.
- Applicants will receive an email invitation to upload the plans and documents to the email provided. The email will come from Project-Dox so check your inbox and spam folder.
- Please make sure you upload the required documents according to the permit's checklist into Project-Dox to ensure your permit can be processed.
- Read all instructions on uploading plans (file type and naming MUST be as instructed) see step-by-step presentation.
- If job value on application is $100,000 or over, a drop off/application fee must be paid before permit can be routed to review. Please see "Make a payment" tab for instructions.
DO NOT send payments if you have not received a confirmation email on the balance due. Prices reflected on the online portal Esuites are subject to change.
To Make a Payment:
- By Credit Card: Call 954-797-2066, to pay via Credit Card. Only accepting: Visa, MasterCard and Discover.
- By Check: Drop off/Mail checks to 8800 SW 36 ST, Davie, FL 33328, payable to the "Town of Davie". Please have the permit number on the check/envelope.
- If the permit is on ProjectDox, please email the completed Revision Form to [email protected] for a new revision task to be opened. Continue to use the program for uploading revisions/corrections.
- If your initial permit was submitted in paper format: The revision (include Revision Form) and/or correction must be submitted in person or via mail to 8800 SW 36 ST, Davie, FL 33328, or dropped off in the clear bin located at the entrance security post. 2 set of plans are required.
Time of inspection
To coordinate a time of inspection you must reach the operator at 954-797-2066 or inspector the morning of your inspection between 7:30am-8:00am.
Automated Phone Line:
To schedule an inspection you may use our automated scheduling system at 954-797-1128/1129. You need your phone access code and inspection code located in the permit package. The inspection sheet is an 81/2"x11"(standard size) paper with the Town of Davie seal in the left upper corner. Note: this is not located on the permit card.
You may e-mail your inspection request to [email protected]. Be sure to provide the following:
Note: All inspection requests will be scheduled for the next business day. A confirmation e-mail will be sent by the end of the day.
- Permit Number
- Job address
- Name of inspection
- Code of inspection
You may use your online eSuite account to schedule inspections and view permit status. FYI: When looking up a permit make sure to type the complete permit number ex: 2022-00008490.
The Town of Davie Building Division is dedicated to the expeditious and high quality performance of all of our building related functions while enforcing the Florida Building Code. With an emphasis on customer service and life safety, we endeavor to ensure that construction work performed in the Town of Davie is done in a manner that provides safety and security in both commercial and residential structures for our citizens and our visitors.
In the Building Division, each discipline has a “Chief” as required by the Broward County Administrative Chapter of the Florida Building Code. The Division is internally subdivided by various disciplines (i.e: structural, electrical, plumbing and mechanical), all being supported by our professional permit staff. The Building Division enforces the State of Florida Building Code as amended.