Mayor Judy Paul
Judy Paul began serving the Town of Davie in 1998 as the District 4 Councilmember. In 2007 after serving three terms, she took a two year hiatus while remaining active in the community. In March 2009, Judy was sworn in as the Town’s new Mayor. She is currently serving her fourth term as a dedicated full time Mayor who is passionate about her service to the town.
Mayor Paul, an award winning retired Broward County educator, holds a Master of Arts Degree from Montclair State College, New Jersey. Her educational background and dedication to children is evident in the many projects she initiated and supports in the Town.
Using Experience to Benefit the Community
The Mayor visits schools to read to classes, speaks about the role of municipal government, and attends career days. She initiated the Davie Public Affairs Academy which is an internship program for high school students. Her support of the Town’s Youth, Education and Safety Advisory Committee (YES), the Parks and Recreation Programs, the Davie Police Explorer Program, and Davie Police Athletic League (PAL) allows her to use her experience as a classroom teacher to benefit the community. The Mayor’s Scholarship Fund was created to recognize students who are interested in pursuing a career in public service. The Mayor’s scholarship provides two $500 scholarships to deserving graduating seniors interested in majoring and pursuing a career in Public Safety, Public Administration, Law, or other Public Service related fields.
Commitment to Community
Mayor Paul’s commitment to the entire Davie community is apparent via her tireless schedule that keeps her constantly interacting with Davie residents and advocating on their behalf. She has been a champion for the people of Davie who want to preserve the Town’s unique charm and character. As a proponent of the preservation of our environment, Mayor Paul works on many environmental projects. She is a Master Gardener, and seeks to save wildlife habitat through NatureScape and the National Wildlife Federation.
Friends of the Davie Farm Park
One of Mayor Paul’s lifelong dreams has become a reality with the creation of The Friends of the Davie Farm Park. Mayor Paul recently partnered with the organization to launch a kick-off campaign for the Governor Leroy Collins Farm Park. The park is located on 84 acres on Shotgun Road in western Davie. The Governor Leroy Collins Farm Park will be unlike any other park in South Florida. It will provide an unparalleled opportunity for youth and community programs, agriculture, nutrition, and environmental education, Davie’s history, and will become the area’s most important agri-tourism destination. The backbone of the capital campaign, are the highly visible naming opportunities for the park’s Education Center, Equestrian Stable, Farm Animal Barnyard, Plant Science Center, Observation Tower, Playground and other structures. This is an initiative that Mayor Paul has always held near and dear to her heart. For more information on the Farm Park visit their website, email them, or like them on Facebook at Davie Farm Park.
Judy Paul understands the importance of growing the Town’s tax base and has worked tirelessly to assure that preservation of historic roots and open space go hand in hand with economic development and the redevelopment of the Davie Road and State Road 7 corridors. Mayor Paul’s vision is to redevelop the Davie Road corridor as a historic downtown district destination.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Area Agency on Aging and Disability Resource Center: Advisory Council Member
- Audubon Society: Member
- Broward County Farm Bureau: Vice Chair
- Davie Area Land Trust: Member
- Davie Rodeo Association
- Davie Woman’s Club: Member
- Flamingo Gardens: Member and Annual Contributor
- Junior Achievement of South Florida: Board of Directors - Legacy Council
- Old Davie School: Honorary Board of Directors
- Sierra Club
- Soroptimist International of Davie: Member
- South Florida Trail Riders: Member
- Woman's Caucus
Awards and Recognitions
- Mahatma Gandhi Award for the Advancement of Pluralism, 2017
- Environmental Leadership Award for the United Nations Associations of Broward County, 2017
- Grand Achiever Award from the International Peace Council, USA 2017
- Received the Municipal Leader of the Year Award from Broward County Council of Professional Fire Fighters, 2017
- 2016 Public Servant of the Year from the Kiwanis Club of Davie and West Hollywood
- VIP Medal Host Committee Honorary Chair for the 2015 Maccabi Games and ArtsFest
- Broward County Pioneer, 2013
- Marriage Equality Champion Award - Dolphin Democrats, 2012
- Senior Hall of Fame, 2009
- Trailblazer of the Year - Broward Young Democrats, 2009