Solid Waste Transition
The Town of Davie exclusively utilizes Coastal Waste & Recycling (Coastal) for all solid waste collection services including garbage, bulk trash, and commercial services throughout the Town as of June 1, 2021.
Please note, only carts provided by the Town may be used for curbside pickup. Only garbage placed inside the cart will be collected; garbage left outside the cart will not be picked up. To ensure you receive timely pickup and to prevent trash from falling/blowing out of the cart, do not over-fill or leave the cart lid open. The garbage cart lid must be closed. Additional carts are available for purchase if you regularly have additional waste.
As a reminder, while the carts are under the care of the customer, should Coastal Waste & Recycling damage a cart, they are required to replace it. To replace a damaged cart, please contact Coastal Waste & Recycling at 954-580-1292, firstname.lastname@example.org or the Town of Davie at 954-797-1045 or email@example.com.
If your garbage cart has been stolen, please contact the non-emergency phone number at the Davie Police Department at 954-764-4357 for a police case number. Once you obtain the police case number, please contact Coastal Waste & Recycle customer service number at 954-580-1292, email firstname.lastname@example.org or the Town of Davie at 954-797-1045, or email us at email@example.com.
Residential curbside customers will continue to use their existing beige recycling carts.
To download a copy of the informational brochure, please select your service boundary below:
Coastal Waste & Recycling: Additional 96-Gallon Cart Invoice Information
Garbage Collection Services - Weekly
Residents that utilize curbside service will receive residential trash pickup twice per week based on their geographic designation below. The service boundaries and days are as follows:
As a reminder, carts are serviced between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. on your designated service day. To ensure you receive service, please place your cart(s) within two feet of the street and at least three feet from trees, cars, mailboxes, or poles, etc. For other tips such as how to properly pack your garbage cart for service, visit www.davie-fl.gov/wasteandrecycling.
Bulk Trash Services – Monthly
Residential customers who receive curbside services will have a once per month bulk pickup. Refer to the bulk maps below for your scheduled date from June through December 2021. Your service date may have changed due to the new maps.
Residents are asked to adhere to the following requirements to ensure their bulk is serviced:
- Bulk service includes the collection of up to 15 cubic yards per residence. Fifteen cubic yards is approximately the size of a standard car or 15' long by 7' wide by 4' deep. If your bulk exceeds 15 cubic yards, the entire pile will be tagged and not picked up. An additional charge of $18.15 per cubic yard for the excess amount of over 15 cubic yards will be charged when the pickup is rescheduled.
- Tree limbs and trunks should not exceed 5' in length or 75 lbs. in weight.
- Piles of leaves or other loose material must be placed in plastic bags of sufficient strength that can be safely lifted without breaking and do not weigh more than 50 lbs.
- For safety reasons, mirrors, glass, glass tabletops, windowpanes, and plate glass items must be safely placed in a rigid container and taped up to facilitate safe collection.
- Bulk trash will be picked up anytime between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. on your designated date of the month.
- Bulk piles should be placed in a location that facilitates safe collection. Please place bulk piles away from cars, mailboxes, trees, and overhead wires.
Condo/Multifamily Bulk Pickup
For residents with dumpsters that are serviced via the condo/multifamily pickup schedule, the next pickup dates are:
May 6 – 8, 2021 August 5 – 7, 2021 November 4 – 6, 2021
HHW, Bulk and Yard Waste, and Electronics Recycling
The Town of Davie is a participating municipality in the Broward County Residential Drop-off program which includes Household Hazardous Waste (HHW), bulk and yard waste, and residential electronics recycling. Please bring a photo ID and proof of Davie residency.
Davie residents can utilize any of the County’s Residential Drop-off Centers (RDOC). The closest location is the Central Drop-off Center located at 5490 Reese Road, Davie, FL 33314. The site is open weekly every Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Bulk and yard waste services are available on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday collections. The municipal solid waste changes do not impact the services being offered by the County.
Please note, residents from Everglades Mobile Home Park, Paradise Village, and Rexmere Village do not receive service based on these schedules.
Should you have any questions regarding the changes, please contact Coastal Waste & Recycling at 954-580-1292 or firstname.lastname@example.org or the Town of Davie at 954-797-1045 or email@example.com.