Part 150 Study
The Broward County Aviation Department (BCAD) has begun a study to evaluate the aircraft noise compatibility of Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) with the local communities. This study is called a “Part 150 Study” because it will follow the process outlined in Title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 150 (Airport Noise Compatibility Planning). This includes creating Noise Exposure Maps (NEMs) and a Noise Compatibility Program (NCP). The NEMs show community exposure to certain levels of existing and future airport noise and identify uses that are noncompatible with those levels. The NCP recommends ways to address or reduce those non-compatible uses while preserving aviation safety and airport operational abilities.
FLL Part 150 Draft Noise Compatibility Report Released
As part of the ongoing Part 150 Study, the BCAD has prepared and released a Draft Noise Compatibility Program (NCP) Report for review. The report is available for download at http://www.fllpart150.com/resources/ and can also be viewed at the following libraries:
- Davie/Cooper City Branch Library, 4600 SW 82nd Avenue, Davie, Florida 33328
- Dania Beach-Paul DeMaio Library, 1 Park Avenue East, Dania Beach, Florida 33004
- Broward County Main Library, 100 S Andrews Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
If you experience technical difficulties downloading the report or need further assistance, please contact [email protected] or call 800-204-1803.
Register for public information workshop and public hearing on April 21, 2021!
BCAD will be hosting an online Virtual Public Information Workshop and Virtual Public Hearing on Wednesday, April 21, 2021, as a part of the ongoing Part 150 Study for FLL. Residents and members of the public are encouraged to visit the website for more information, including registration links for the Workshop and Hearing.
The comment period on the Draft NCP Report is taking place now through April 30, 2021.
Anyone wishing to submit comments may do so at any time during the comment period. Comments are accepted via the following avenues:
- Oral comments can be provided during the Public Hearing.
- To enhance the Public Hearing process, pre-recorded video testimony may be submitted in advance to be played back during the virtual Public Hearing, in lieu of live comments. Please reference the project website beginning March 28, 2021, for more information on the process and format for submitting video testimony. Pre-recorded video must be submitted no later than April 16, 2021, to be included for playback during the Public Hearing.
- The BCAD is also accepting comments in writing through April 30, 2021. Anyone wishing to submit comments may do so at any time before April 30, 2021. Comments on the Draft NCP can be submitted online (by 5:00 PM Eastern on April 30, 2021) at http://www.fllpart150.com/comments/ or mailed to (postmarked by April 30, 2021):
Broward County Aviation Department
Attn: Noise Office – FLL Part 150 Study c/o Winston Cannicle
320 Terminal Drive, Suite 200
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315
Please note that comments can only be accepted with the full name and address of the individual commenting. Before including your address, phone number, e-mail address, or other personal identifying information in your comment, be advised that your entire comment, including your personal identifying information, may be made publicly available at any time. While you may ask to have your personal identifying information withheld from public review, it cannot be guaranteed. Public comments can also be submitted orally through the formal Public Hearing as outlined below. All comments, whether provided in writing or orally, will be considered with equal weight.