TOWN OF DAVIE REOPENING
The Town of Davie will begin reopening per the Emergency Order 20-10 and 20-13.
Broward County has issued Emergency Order 20-10 outlining the intention to begin Phase One of the reopening plans. This order allows limited non-essential businesses throughout Broward County to reopen starting on Monday, May 18, 2020, at 12:01 a.m.
Update: Broward County Administrator Bertha Henry issued Emergency Order 20-13 on Friday, May 22, 2020, which extends Phase 1 reopening guidelines to beaches, commercial gyms and fitness centers, hotels, and other commercial lodgings, with restrictions, effective Tuesday, May 26, 2020.
Residents may provide or obtain services at the following non-essential permitted establishments authorized to proceed to Phase 1:
- All beaches can open with limited hours (sunrise to sunset). Ocean activities such as surfing, swimming, kayaking, paddleboarding, and body surfing are allowed; also walking, running, and biking.
- Like other communities across the country, Broward beaches are not yet opening for picnicking, sunbathing, sitting, or lying on the beach. Group or organized sports (such as volleyball), umbrellas, canopies, chairs, loungers, and coolers are also not yet allowed, and no group gatherings of more than 10 people. Beachgoers must maintain social distancing (six feet of separation), except between members of the same household or groups.
- Commercial gyms and fitness centers, including but not limited to dance, martial arts, yoga, spinning, and personal training studios can open, with adherence to the guidelines. This includes pools in those facilities, with restrictions.
- Hotels, motels, and commercial lodging establishments can open with adherence to guidelines. Staff is required to wear facial coverings and gloves for all customer-facing activities. Guests must wear facial coverings in all common areas. Ballrooms and other special function spaces remain closed. Proprietors are encouraged to post on their website, blog, or social media the steps they are taking to keep their guests safe.
- Pari-mutuel facilities (as defined by Florida Statutes Section 550.002(23), are to remain closed, except for when the establishment is being utilized for the use expressly permitted under a Broward County Emergency Order, or by a professional sports team to conduct or host a training, competition, event or game in accordance with the Governor’s Executive Order 20-123.
- Vacation rentals are open, but only for essential lodgers, as authorized by the Governor’s Executive Order 20-87.
- Restaurants and food establishments may allow on-premises consumption of food and beverage, so long as they adopt appropriate social distancing measures and limit their indoor occupancy to no more than 50 percent of their building occupancy. In addition, outdoor seating is permissible with appropriate social distancing. Appropriate social distancing requires maintaining a minimum of 6 feet between parties, only seating parties of 10 or fewer people, and keeping bar counters closed to seating.
- In-store retail sales establishments may open storefronts if they operate at no more than 50 percent of their building occupancy and abide by the safety guidelines issued by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Barbershops, cosmetology salons, and cosmetology specialty salons must adopt appropriate social distancing and precautionary measures and adhere to the following guidelines: customers are by appointment only, allow at least 15 minutes in between appointment for proper disinfecting practices, no group appointments, and masks must be worn by all employees while performing personal services.
- Museums may open at no more than 25 percent of its building occupancy.
- Drive-in theatres may open at no more than 50 percent of its capacity.
- Community Rooms, Fitness Centers and Gyms located within housing developments (commercial Fitness Centers and Gyms are not included in the Phase 1 reopening)
Businesses that will not reopen include:
Broward County Administrator Bertha Henry has issued Emergency Order 20-17, which requires retail establishments and restaurants to post signage containing information regarding social distancing and facial covering requirements, to further mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
Signs must be conspicuously placed throughout these establishments, including at all entry points. Signs must be at least 8 1/2 x 11" and posted in multiple languages (minimum English, Creole, and Spanish). The English and Spanish versions of the sign can be downloaded now.
- Restaurant - https://www.broward.org/CoronaVirus/Documents/COVID19-RestaurantSignage8x11-PI202074848.pdf
- Retail- https://www.broward.org/CoronaVirus/Documents/COVID19-RetailSignage.pdf
- Restaurant (Spanish) - https://www.broward.org/CoronaVirus/Documents/COVID19-Spanish-Restaurant-Retail8x11-PI202074848.pdf
- Retail (Spanish) - https://www.broward.org/CoronaVirus/Documents/COVID19-Spanish-Retail.pdf
Recreational Spaces Open
Parks and Trails
Update: All Town of Davie parks and open spaces will be open for passive use except for Pine Island Park/Bamford Sports Complex starting Monday, June 1, 2020. Parks and open spaces will be open starting at 9 a.m. and closing at 7 p.m. daily.
Outlining the Town of Davie’s Emergency Order 20-04, the following select parks have reopened daily starting at 9 a.m. and closing at 7 p.m.:
- Bergeron Park – 1900 S. Nob Hill Rd
- East Davie Nature Park – 5350 SW 58th Ave
- Falcons Lea Park – 14900 Stirling Road
- James Ale Park – 6061 SW 36th Ct
- Joy Yoder Equestrian Park – 14150 SW 38th St
- Lange Park – 6550 SW 47th St
- Linear Park, along Orange Drive from US-441 to SW 154th Avenue
- Owls Lookout Park – SW 26th St. & Flamingo Rd
- Robbins Preserve – 4005 Hiatus Rd
- Shenandoah Park – 14601 SW 14th St
- Silver Lake Park – 5695 SW 52nd Ave
- Sunny Lake Bird Sanctuary – 5300 Griffin Rd
- Veterans Park – 5750 SW 39th St
- Westridge Park – 2900 SW 100th Ave
- Wolf Lake Park – 5400 SW 76th Ave
Park restrooms will not be open. Operational changes still in effect at parks include the suspension of facility rentals, transactions at parks, youth and adult activities, sports programs, fitness and aquatic, and activities at community centers.
While parks and trails are open, the following amenities and activities are prohibited:
- All organized athletic leagues, games, practices, and tournaments, recreation programs, and events are suspended
- Social gatherings in groups of more than 10 people is not allowed
- Basketball, tennis, racquetball, volleyball and pickleball courts
- Dog parks
- Grills and grilling
- Indoor Gymnasiums
- Outdoor fitness equipment areas
- Playgrounds and play areas
- Pavilions and shelters
- Splash pad
For more information, please contact the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department at 954-797-1146.
Davie Aquatic and Fitness Center
Starting Monday, June 1, 2020, the Davie Aquatic and Fitness Center will be open for limited access to up to 50% capacity to members only. The pool will be open for lap swim only on a reservation basis.
Rec Memberships will be extended for the time that the facilities have been closed. In appreciation of our members and the challenging times, the Rec Team is providing it, members, with an additional free month to its member’s memberships in addition to the extension period.
The hours of operations will be:
- Monday – Friday: 5 a.m. – 11 a.m. and 1p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Saturday: 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed
- Monday – Friday: 7a.m. – 7p.m. (reservation only)
- Saturday: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. (reservation only)
- Sunday: Closed
For member reservations, please call 954-327-3926.
Members should be prepared to comply with all CDC guidelines and social distancing measures to be allowed entry. Measures will include temperature checks, facial coverings where appropriate and sanitizing protocols. The Davie Pine Island Multipurpose Center remains closed due to restrooms renovations.
Residential Community Pools
Limited use of residential community pools can reopen pools as long as the pools are utilized by residents of the housing development.
In accordance with CDC Guidelines pool use must:
- Adhere to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines of six (6) feet social distancing.
- Maintain a limited 50 percent capacity in the pool deck and pool occupancy.
- Be supervised by a sufficient number of employees or other people designated by the housing development during the hours in which they are used to ensure compliance and employees or other designees of the housing development.
- Be regularly sanitize the facility’s pool chairs, railings, gates, tables, showers, and other equipment at the pool and pool deck.
Public and private beaches will remain closed.
Davie Police and Code Enforcement staff will be monitoring the reopening of businesses and working to ensure that businesses understand the reopening guidelines and obtain cooperative compliance.
Facilities must implement certain procedures such as enhanced sanitizing of all common areas and frequent touchpoints. Sanitation and Safety requirements can be located in Amendments 1-8 of Emergency Order 20-10.
Residents are urged to continue to be vigilant as this reopening is not an indication that the pandemic is over.
We ask everyone involved in the provision of essential services or other additional goods, services, or amenities permitted by the Emergency Order 20-10 to continue adhering to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Guidelines and facial coverings as amended by Broward County Emergency Order 20-07 as well as:
- Practice social distancing.
- Wear a face covering.
- Wash your hands often.
Visit the CDC website for the latest guidelines.
Maintaining or Restoring Water Quality in Buildings With Low or No Use
EPA recommends that building owners and managers take proactive steps to protect public health by minimizing water stagnation during closures and taking action to address building water quality prior to reopening.
Learn how you can maintain water quality while buildings/businesses are closed here Version OptionsTOWN OF DAVIE REOPENINGHeadline. You can also find the EPA checklist here.
Town of Davie Facilities
All Town of Davie Facilities (except parks open exclusively for passive use) will remain closed.
Residents can continue to contact Town departments through telephone or email. Department and staff directory can be found on our website at www.davie-fl.gov/directory.