Temporary Hydrant Meters
Temporary Hydrant Meters (THM) - effective January 16, 2020
The Town of Davie (TOD) has adopted Resolution No. R-2020-24 on Temporary Hydrant Meter (THM) rental rates for Applicants requesting a temporary water service connection from the Fire Hydrants owned by the Town of Davie Utilities.
The following charges are in effect for Temporary Hydrant Meter (THM) rental:
- Application Fee - $100.00 (one time, non-refundable)
- Security Deposit - $2,500.00 (Meters not returned in good operating condition will forfeit deposit).
- Monthly Base Fee - $25.00 (in addition to Water Consumption)
- Water Consumption (charged at the prevailing rate per 1,000 gallons of usage
Temporary Fire Hydrant (THM) Application Form can be found HERE.
Temporary Fire Hydrant (THM) Monthly Meter Reading can be found HERE.
- Temporary Hydrant Meter (THM) will be issued/rented for the purpose of new building construction and/or maintenance projects, where a permanent drinking water tap is not provided. Temporary Hydrant Meters can only be connected when both following conditions are met:
- Fire Hydrant is located within the Town of Davie Utilities service area (this excludes all other water utility providers within the Town’s jurisdictional boundaries); and
- Fire Hydrant is a property of Town of Davie Utilities (this excludes all other hydrants within TOD Utilities service area). Applicant can call Utilities at 954-327-3742 for clarification.
- Rental Application is valid for one (1) Temporary Hydrant Meter (THM) and for six (6) months rental period only. At the end of each of the six (6) month period the Temporary Meter must be returned clean and in good operating condition.
- Temporary Hydrant Meters (THM) Rental Application along with $100.00 Application Fee can be submitted in person to TOD Utilities at 7351 SW 30 Street in Davie from M-F 8:30am-5pm. Rental Application will not be process until Application Fee is paid.
- Rentals are made with the understanding that in case of any equipment lost, stole, damage, parts missing or breaks (from misuse or improper care) the parts and repair cost will be deducted from Applicant Security Deposit. Upon discontinuance of service, THM return and proper charges, the Town agrees to refund less any amount due. The balance of the Security Deposit, after all charges and water usage have been satisfied, will be refunded to the Applicant indicated on the Rental Application.
- Town of Davie Utilities rental rate structure anticipates all equipment being returned clean and in functional condition or additional charges will be assessed..
- The Applicant is responsible for Temporary Hydrant Meter (THM) condition and for Monthly Base Fees ($25.00) and Monthly Water Consumption payments. Monthly bill will be sent to the Applicant address indicated on the Rental Application. Failure to provide payments in timely manner will result in water account termination and THM confiscation.
- By the 15th of each month, the Applicant is responsible to provide Monthly Water Meter Reading from Temporary Hydrant Meter (THM) to Utilities Customer Service (att.: Wendy Mlodzinski) via email ONLY: firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to EMAIL readings will result in charge of $500.00 per occurrence. To submit Temporary Fire Hydrant (THM) Monthly Meter Reading click EMAIL.
- Temporary Hydrant Meters (THM) are the Town of Davie Utilities property. The Applicant agrees to use them safely and only in the manner for which it is intended to be used. Failure to properly operate the Temporary Hydrant Meter (THM) will result in immediate confiscation.
- Town of Davie Utilities reserves a right to randomly inspect the Temporary Hydrant Meter at the assigned location. Failure to provide an access upon demand will result in the confiscation.
- Failure to return the Temporary Hydrant Meter (THM) after six (6) months rental period will results in THM confiscation, filing with Town of Davie Police Department for stolen property and an additional penalty of $1,000.00 will apply.
- In the event of the theft of an issued unit, a Police Report need to be filed. Applicant shall notify Town of Davie in writing and provide a copy of the Police Report in order to halt the monthly billing on the meter. Applicant will forfeit the Security Deposit. If a replacement meter is needed, an additional Security Deposit will have to be paid and the account made current prior to the new rental issuance.
- Utility theft currently is a first-degree misdemeanor under Florida State Law. Florida Statue Chapter 812.14. The Town reserves the right to prosecute all cases of meter tampering, utility theft and fraud to the fullest extent of the law.