Mosquito Control Tips
Summer is here, which means it is rain season. Rain season also means it is mosquito season. Mosquitoes can carry and transmit serious diseases. Be a good neighbor and help fight the bite!
- Keep doors and windows closed.
- Stay indoors at dusk and dawn.
- Dress in long-sleeved and light-colored clothing in a known mosquito-infested area.
- Apply insect repellent containing DEET sparingly to clothing and skin.
- Inspect your yards and drains.
- Store or dispose cans, old tires, buckets, unused plastic swimming pools or other debris that can collect and hold standing water which promotes breeding.
- Flush plants weekly.
- Repair leaky pipes.
- Maintain and clean roof gutters. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Mosquito Service Request
Please provide the necessary information on the Mosquito Control Service Request form. The information that you provide is very important to in evaluating the needs for your area.
Service requests are completed as promptly as possible depending on the volume of requests and weather conditions. You can also contact Mosquito Control by dialing 311 on a mobile device or 954-765-4062 from a landline.
Please note: Broward County generally receive a high volume of requests during the summer months.