Posted on February 16, 2017
Public Meeting for the Stirling Road Improvements Project in Davie, Hollywood, and the Seminole Indian Reservation
The Florida Department of Transportation awarded a $4,580,758 contract to Weekley Asphalt, Inc., for roadway improvements along Stirling Road from east of SR 7/US 441 to east of University Drive in Davie, Hollywood, and the Seminole Indian Reservation. The length of the project is approximately 2.5 miles. Construction will begin February 20, 2017 and is expected to be completed by Early 2018.
- Roadway widening east and west of SR 7/US 441 to allow for new 5-foot bike lane to connect to existing bike lanes along Stirling Road
- Median modifications to accommodate longer turn lanes from Stirling Road to SR 7/US 441.
- Removing old asphalt and resurfacing the roadway within project limits
- Upgrading sidewalks and ramps to meet current ADA standards
- Installing new pedestrian countdown timers at the following intersections: SW 64th Avenue/Carriage Heights Drive, North 66th Avenue, and SR 7/US 441
- Installing Intelligent Transportation System technology throughout project corridor
- Replacing overhead aluminum signs
- Improving the existing lighting along the corridor
- Installation new bus shelter pads at existing bus stop locations
- Adding new signing and pavement markings
- Lane closures within the project limits can be expected Monday through Friday between 9:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Overnight closures can be expected Sunday through Thursday between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m.
Thursday, February 16, 2017
6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Driftwood Community Center
3000 N.W. 69th Avenue, Hollywood, FL 33024
This open house will have an informal format. No formal presentation will be made. Project plans will be on display and staff will be available to discuss the construction, answer questions and address individual concerns. Public participation is solicited without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability or family status. If you need special accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act or require translation services (free of charge) please contact Casey Liening at least seven days prior to the meeting.
If you would like to receive project updates, lane closure information, as well as a weekly traffic report distributed by FDOT, please email [email protected] the subject of “Stirling Road Improvements Project in Davie, Hollywood, and the Seminole Indian Reservation.”