YOUTH SPORTS PROGRAMS
The Town of Davie offers sports programs for children ages 3 and up. Our variety of different programs are offered in a safe, fun and well supervised environment. The focus on the children is through positive coaching, team work, socialization skills, and sportsmanship. Davie youth sports offers opportunities to play in different sports year round to enhance and build positive recreational experiences and healthy lifelong habits.
Girls ages 4 to 10
The Town of Davie Cheerleading Program is designed to teach participants fundamentals of the sport, while enforcing the concepts of team play, becoming physically fit, and having fun
Monday, April 28, 2014 to Sunday, August 10, 2014
Non Resident $100
UNIFORM: Cap sleeve jeersey, cheer skort and pom-poms will be provided for each registered participant.
Monday, August 11, 2014 6:30pm at Astro Field
Practices and games are held 6:00pm on Monday, Wednesday or Friday
Recreational Flag Football
Boys and Girls ages 3 to 14
Monday, April 28, 2014 to Sunday, August 3, 2014
Residents: 9 and under $100 10 and Over $125
Non Resident: $150
Smart Start: Residents $75 and Non Resident $125
EQUIPMENT: Participants uniform will be provided. We recommend that you purchase molded cleats for your child. Coaches are provided 2 footballs, 12 flag belts, one equipment bag and one tee to be returned at the end of the season.
PLAYER RATINGS/PARENT MEETINGS:
• Smart Start Ages 3-4 August 9, 2014 9:00 a.m Indian Field
• Pee Wee Ages 5-6 August 9, 2014 9:45 a.m Indian Field
• Junior Ages 7-8 August 9, 2014 10:30 a.m Indian Field
• Bantam Ages 9-10 August 9, 2014 11:30 a.m Indian Field
• Senior Ages 11-14 August 13, 2014 6:00 p.m Indian Field
Boys and Girls ages 3 to 12
Monday, April 28, 2014 to Sunday, June 15, 2014
Residents: $85 ~ Non Resident ages $125
EQUIPMENT: Reversible Jersey will be provided for each registered participant. Additonally, a participation trophy will be provided at the conclusion of the season. Parent is responsible for molded cleats and shin guards.
• Smart Start Ages 3-4 June 21, 2014 9:00 a.m Padre Field
• Pee Wee Ages 5-6 June 21, 2014 10:00 a.m Padre Field
• Junior Ages 7-8 June 21, 2014 11:00 a.m Padre Field
• Bantam Ages 9-10 June 21, 2014 12:00 p.m Padre Field
• Senior Ages 11-12 June 21, 2014 1:00 p.m Padre Field
Teams will practice a maximum of once during the week and once on Saturday.
Please Note: All games will be self officiated by players and coaches
on the respective fields.
All persons interested in volunteering in the Town of Davie Sports programs must follow the following process to be considered. This includes all coaches and assistant coaches.
1. Please contact Mary Ann Salser or Jeantte Reddy at 954-797-1146 to set up an appointment. A volunteer application and copy of drivers license will be required.
2. You will need to have Live Scan fingerprinting completed prior to the start of the season you wish to volunteer for. If you have any questions, please contact the Sports Coordinator at 954-327-3944
Only properly screened volunteer applicants will be considered for coaching positions.
To register for a sport/program please go to Pine Island Fitness and Aquatic Center
3800 SW 92nd Ave ~ Davie, Fl 33328
Pine Island Multipurpose Center
3801 Pine Island Road
Davie, Fl 33328
Questions and More Information
The Sports staff strives to provide you with the best service possible. We appreciate any questions or comments you may have!
ADULT SPORTS PROGRAMS
Pickle-ball is traditionally played on a badminton-sized court with special Pickle-ball paddles, made of wood or high-tech aerospace materials. The ball used is similar to a wiffle ball, but slightly smaller. The lower net and wiffle ball allow the game to be accessible to people of all ages and abilities.
Paddles and Balls provided
Tuesday and Thursday
5:30pm - 8:30pm
8:00am - 12pm
Monday - Wednesday - Sunday
2 courts are available
~ Must bring your own paddles and balls ~